So worried, and am a Newbie here!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: So worried, and am a Newbie here!

Postby val » 05 Dec 2007, 01:50

If you click on the link on the end of Happyass's post where it says macrobiotics dot something, it will take you to the site! Sorry you're suffering so much,its a nightmare isn't it? Have you tried sitting on a hot water bottle, and tried getting into a salty bath when its really bad?
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 05 Dec 2007, 12:30

THank you, Val. I did click on the macrobiotics site on Happy's post, it just boggled my mind with all of the info. Thought there might be a way of Happy to just "synopsize" the most important parts for me right now -- I have no patience when I'm in this kind of pain, so reading through it all didn't work for me. Or, maybe I missed an area that there was to click on that would do that for me.
As for sitting on the hot water bottle, no, I haven't tried that. I do the opposite. I put ice packs there instead. The idea of anything hot there just makes me shake. The ice numbs it enough to take my mind off of it for a few minutes. I don't think I could tolerate any heat there at all. THanks for the suggestion, though.
Thank you all. I'm going to take my next question to the board that's for question about anal fissures. I'm sure this was for intro's only, and I've monopolized all of your time in an introductory post. So sorry, but thanks for ALL of the responses. You guys are great.

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2007, 13:31

Hey there normalcywanted!!!!!
Ah to sum up macrobiotics would be like almost comparing it to becoming a vegetarian. However, there are some fun things you can do with macrobiotics as it is more flexible with meat - if you can, eat mostly fish and chicken rather than red meats. Also eggs are okay but you will rarely see it in macro books.
In a nutshell:
1. eat plenty of whole grains/tofu/seitan/tempeh
2. eat locally grown foods AND those that are in season
3. avoid processed, refined, heavily made with white sugars, white flours, hydrogentated items
3a. avoid dairy. use soy milk or best, amazake or EdenBlend (soy + amazake)
4. drink water, green tea, kukicha and bancha teas
5. cook your meals so that you have a little of each on your plate: high heated / warm / steamed / cold / boiled
6. eat plenty of fresh veggies and fruits that are locally grown and in season
7. avoid using a microwave or anything electrical to cook with
8. concentrate on eating mostly moist and warm to hot foods rather than cold and harsh/dried out foods
there are a few good books that i would recommend getting:
the macrobiotic way by michio kushi
the hip chick's guide to macrobiotics by jessica porter
the modern-day macrobiotic by simon browne
these three will give you all the information and knowledge to help you get down and serious even if it is little steps at a time!
good luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 05 Dec 2007, 13:34

7. avoid using a microwave or anything electrical to cook with
Gareth, what is the reasoning behind this?
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 05 Dec 2007, 21:08

using anything electrical or with micro/sonic waves is not good for the food you are preparing. it somehow messes with the energy of the food that gets delivered to you.
the best way to cook things is with a gas stove rather than electric.
of course, if you have electric ovens/stove tops, then you do what you gotta do, right!
i do use my microwave.......
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby juney » 05 Dec 2007, 22:34

normalcy - i really think you should try a heating pad instead of a cold water bottle. i remember reading somewhere that heat is better for the area than cold. maybe because it increases the blood flow down there, which is crucial to healing. sorry i don't know the reasoning off the top of my head....
have you tried hot baths?? i belive those have been KEY to my continued healing since my 2nd LIS. I take 1 every morning after using the bathroom, and another on my lunch break from work. lecia also healed a fissure w/o surgery by taking lots of hot baths (among other things of course). as often as you can, get your behind in the hot water!! it will only hurt initially and then it will be soothing i guarantee.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 11:31

Thank you, Happy! That helps a lot, and it's what I needed.[/img]

Postby Guest » 06 Dec 2007, 13:46

Just wanted to say welcome to the board.
Sorry you're having a rough time, but this board is great for support and a mine of information.
Hope you find some helpful tips and get on the road to recovery soon :)

Postby Guest » 07 Dec 2007, 13:01

Thank you, Angel.

Postby buttgirl » 07 Dec 2007, 13:15

Oh! Also, My fissure was down to the muscle. My surgeon said that he could see the white muscle fibers.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67