SOLUTION FOR CHRONIC FISSURES

lateral internal sphincterotomy

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

SOLUTION FOR CHRONIC FISSURES

Postby Neverlosehope » 16 Jun 2018, 04:03

Hello folks ,Firstly a huge thank you again for all the well wishes.

Quick background: Got this around in September 2017. Since then tried all remedies which gave me a quick relief but these were never permenant solutions for me.

List of things I tried:

COCONUT OIL- Reduced pain from 10 to 3 in 5seconds.

Stool softeners...

Olive OIL- nice but not permenant.Then realised that I have a chronic fissure.

Sudocrem: Unfortunately this did not work for me.

And other remedies....
So whatever you try since there is no good blood flow to the area the fissure is not going to heal .
The only permanent solution for this is LIS.

And this forum is a gift for me which gave me courage in my hard times and inspired me so much.

By the way I also tried homeopathy which did not work.

In This diary I will post about my post surgery info. :thankyou:
Neverlosehope
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: SOLUTION FOR CHRONIC FISSURES

Postby Neverlosehope » 16 Jun 2018, 08:01

FOR those who are in fear of surgery don't worry just go for it because waiting only makes the fissure more chronic and resistant to what you try.
I had my fissure for over a year and tried to heal it with just oils and stool softeners(BIG MISTAKE)
Day:1
The first day is the most painful day in my life.pain levels are peaking into hell even with the pain killers.
No bm yet
Day :2
Pain levels are around 8,9 all day and no b.m. I started to think that the pain killers are making me constipated and didn't take them.next day the b.m came with hard stool with some blood.
Day: 3,4,5
The pain has been decreasing, I was able to walk slowly and sit.
The b.ms are getting harder because of hard stool due to pain meds. Started taking lactose and MOM. IAM HEALING
AND 5 DAYS PASSED WITH MODERATE PAIN LEVELS AND SEMI HARD B.M
Neverlosehope
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 16 Jun 2018, 09:35

This sounds like good news! Keep going with the lactulose. If there is one thing I am learning, any semi-hard stools can set you right back. It’s not worth the risk. I wish you a very quick recovery !!
Deleted User 7114

Postby Neverlosehope » 17 Jun 2018, 05:22

Thanks hedgehogbum ,
10 days post lis:
Iam doing well (I hope) pain with BM is almost level 2,3 /10.(only incision site). Is incision site supposed to be painful even 10 days after the surgery.
Anyways no fissure pain at all since surgery,things seems to be loose after surgery.
I am currently taking lactulose which iam not satisfied with. Taking fiber is bulking my stools making them painful so I had to stop taking husk fiber.
I always had this question I.e, can I use diltiazem after the surgery, may be this will speed up the healing process!
Currently iam trying to achieve that perfect stool using vegetables and lactulose(which is not working), I HAVE HEARD THAT LACTULOSE CAN TAKE UP TO 24 HRS TO TAKE EFFECT , WHAT CAN I USE AS AN ALTERNATIVE TO THIS?

THANKS SO MUCH IN ADVANCE. will update tomorrow.
Neverlosehope
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 18 Jun 2018, 11:48

Miralax might be a good alternative to lactulose, but it also takes up to 3 days to take full effect. If you're really blocked up you can try something like Senna which works overnight.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

BIG MISTAKE

Postby Neverlosehope » 22 Jun 2018, 23:50

DAY- 17 POST LIS

Sorry for not updating regularly.
Everything is going very well guys, BM"S are almost pain free and no spasms (YAY). :notacrook:

THINGS I LEARNED IN THESE DAYS :
1. Always try to achieve perfect smooth and bulk stool to be painfree.
2. Never poke the incision site with fingers trying to apply anything , this only traumises the incision site .
3. MOST IMPORTANT -Take total rest of a week or more until your fissure and inscion site heals.
4. Music is playing a major role in relaxing my mood.
TOday was mostly pain free, i know i had a rough recovery it took me 15 days to have a pain free b.m after lis.
so idiotically i tried to go to a ride with my bike (BIG MISTAKE ) :groan: , i may have stretched the area (not too much) which resulted in some pain and soreness which subsided after 20 mins.
Neverlosehope
Fibre Addict

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 28 Jun 2018, 01:30

15 days is good going Neverlosehope. I wouldn’t say that that was a rough recovery. It is surgery after all. I was written off work for 4 weeks after my LIS and still didn’t feel healed by then.

You are right, Perfect stools are so important. I don’t know how I didn’t realize mine were harder than they should have been. I suppose it was because no one really explained and it was only a post on this site where someone said that they should be like toothpaste which made me realize that mine weren’t. I am nw using miralax every three days to keep everything soft.

Don’t worry about your bike ride, it is frustrating to feel like you set yourself back, but I believe you’ll soon be able to ride without problems. I have an active fissure but I still go on bike rides. I’m so glad for you that you are healing well.
Deleted User 7114

Postby Neverlosehope » 09 Jul 2018, 00:37

Hey guys how ya all doin'
sorry for not updating in a while, that's becuase things are pretty normal again---99%
iam very happy that iam healing now becuase i know the severity of my fissure and i have mine for almost 8 months (i cant believe that i endured through 8 months of pain)
THINGS I HAE NOTICED IN THESE DAYS :
1. My healing started only after getting softer stools at the start(tip)-if the tip is hard then you can be in pain,MY SOLUTION for this problem is taking the fiber
with my breakfast.
2. Reccurences after LIS are quite common but you can heal very fastly becuase there will be no spasming of the muscle.
So there are some questions im my head that i have very very slight (not even a drop) blood in stool -only when i get hard stools but no pain ,is this normal????
VERY Thanks to the people in this forum for wishing me well.

I stopped using lactulose bcoz it's not showing certain effect as it had before.
MIRALAX I thought to take it and actually bought one today but i have no idea how much dose i should take ,

thing is that i need to know how much dose and time will it take to have nice toothpaste textured stools (which i need to have everyday)
WAITING FOR YOUR REPLIES :afsmile:
Neverlosehope
Fibre Addict

Postby patience_and_healing » 09 Jul 2018, 19:06

I don't know if the blood that you see during a hard BM is ok or not, but it's still early days and this could get better with time. Check with your doctor if what you're experiencing needs some attention.

With miralax, I find that 3/4 of a capful every night (full cap is 17 g) is enough for producing soft BMs. If you want even softer, then a full cap may be better. Take a small dose at first though, to see how your body reacts to it. You should see results in 3 days after taking it everyday. It needs enough water to work properly.
8/16-12/16: Fissure due to antibiotics
5/17: Botox to sphincter, fissure healed
9/19: Trigger point injections and pudendal nerve block
11/19: Botox to pelvic floor
8/20: Botox to pelvic floor in new location.
On and off in pelvic physical therapy
patience_and_healing

Topics: 40

Postby Deleted User 7114 » 10 Jul 2018, 13:12

Hi neverlosehope! It depends on the Miralax in your country. I take 10g of it in powdered form dissolved in a glass of water, every 3-4 days. For me this is working perfectly and my BMs are hydrated by the next morning. Definitely start with the recommended dose and work your way up or down from there.
Deleted User 7114