Still trying to decide on Botox..

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Still trying to decide on Botox..

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 17:04

Hello,
Sorry I have not been on very much, I am just tired and try to rest when I can. I want to have the Botox but I am very afraid. Has anyone talked to buttgirl? Mentally I am shot from this. I am sure I am not the only one. I have been considering a medical leave from work, mentally I am drained and I work in a busy dr's office and things can get tense for me. I know that can't help the healng process. Am I the only one that feels like this about work? I can't concentrate and I have made a few mistakes. Sorry I am having a hard time with this right now just looking for some input.
Patty

Re: Still trying to decide on Botox..

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 17:16

Hey Patty,
Sorry to hear you are struggling. I know it is hard to even think straight when things seem so dim and dismal.
I would definitely advocate giving the botox a go. It seems from the people on here that have had it they have been happy with the results. And it is a temporary change to the anatomy unlike the surgery so if you didn't like the results it would wear off.
At this point with all your misery it seems like you may need to try something new. This seems rather low risk and may be the boost you need to heal.
I'm sorry you are feeling so rough.
Hugs,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 17:21

Lecia,
Thanks, everyday I get more and more depressed and I am no good to anyone. I know I am not the only one that is going through this. I feel bad for everyone on this board. I just don't know what else to do. You are right maybe I should schedule the botox for a couple weeks out and see what happens. Thanks Lecia.
Patty

Postby Deleted User 5 » 24 Jul 2007, 18:09

Are you a good candidate for the surgery? It was the option I chose, and it rescued me from the misery and depression.
Botox can work, and I am fervently praying it works for Buttgirl, but the surgery does have a higher success rate...like 97% I believe. But the slight risk from he surgery will always be there...
We have missed you on the board, Patty! I am sorry to hear things are continuing to be bad. I think it's time for you to decide on surgery or botox, or something...I really feel you must do something soon...
Please let us know how things are going, and keep your chin up. This thing is not going to get the best of you...
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 24 Jul 2007, 20:12

Patty,
I'm in roughly the same spot right now. I went to my CRS today and scheduled the surgery for five weeks out. I can't do anything right now because I have a severely strained oblique muscle that is really tearing me up on top of the fissure. It's actually the reason my AF when into overdrive. I thought I was on the road to healing after 8 weeks, but I did some ab exercises the other day and I'm almost back to square one.
Give yourself and final deadline and then schedule the botox. I really believe a large percentage of us need one of these two steps (botox or surgery) to be healed over the long term. I really believe it is more a question of physiology for some of us and less of a question of when it will heal.
Good luck and I hope you get better soon.

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007, 09:49

Thanks everyone,
I am calling today to see if I can schedule Botox. I have to do something about this. I don't want to be dealing with this by the winter time or at least have it healing up by then. I am sorry I am so down right now. Thanks again to everyone.
Chris, we are in the same boat and I will keep everyone posted on what is going on. I guess I am an over emotional person this ths AF has really affected my whole personality.
Patty

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007, 10:08

Patty,
The botox did not help me personally but it is worth a try as it carries minimal risk. I believe its efficacy depends on the skill of the surgeon injecting the right part of the sphincter muscle.
I also would not be afraid to try as many of the " home remedies" as you can; Tinactin, Palmers Cocoa butter, Solarcaine, Vicks VapoRub, Gold Bond Powder, etc, etc. are all relatively inexpensive and may help. I truly believe that some of these helped me more than the NTG and nifedipine creams.
Also, dont lose faith. Even as a physician with relatively easy access to medications, creams and information it still took me over 11 months to even have a "remission"; I am now on my 3rd remission of sorts and at least have not had those wicked spasms for over 2 months now.
You WILL get better; it just takes time.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 25 Jul 2007, 10:20

Patty, just want to let you know we are still with you and hope you can find a good Botox guy. Please feel free to vent here when you're having a bad day(s)...that's why we are here. If nothing else, it is good to know you have fissure friends out there who are pulling for you. I can't add anything to what Docray has just said about trying everything you feel is worth the effort.
Deleted User 5

Postby mypoopyhurtsme » 25 Jul 2007, 11:36

Hang in there Patty! I know how much this thing can take over your life. Definitely feel free to vent.
mypoopyhurtsme
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 21

Postby happyass » 25 Jul 2007, 12:17

hey patty...
just giving you a shout of support!
just remember first thing is first......control your anxiety or at least monitor it so it doesn't push you a lot faster in a crazy state of mind.
anxiety and depression go hand in hand.
lecia had a question that hasn't been answered yet - are you a good candidate for LIS? perhaps that would be something you need to discuss prior to the botox and then do a plan of action so you won't feel disappointed or worried.....
do a consulation.
talk about botox and LIS.
book one of those things.
and if all else, fails, do the other.
but lests just think that it will work!
hang in there dear.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74