Sufferer on and off 7 years

Any tips welcome and some of my own

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Sufferer on and off 7 years

Postby Doggyvonne » 29 May 2014, 08:30

I had fissures and internal piles from about 7 years ago but they got better when I moved to Essex..I recently moved back again to rural Cambridgeshire and they are back again. It has me wondering if there is literally something about the water supply?
I am female 58 and weigh around 12 ston although I am muscular so some of that weight is good weight. I exercise with my dog twice a day, do my garden, grass, housework and yoga. My diet is good we are almost retired and have good circumstances all round.
In my 4 or 5th bad spell of this horrid condition and managing but a bit frustrated by having Rectogesic and not being able to take my usual amitriptylline for the associated stress and anxiety..has anyone been able to take both together-have you been advised by medical person at all? I need to relax and I cant.
As I have both piles inside and deep posterior fissure with more bleeding this time than years ago I am reluctant to take Ibuprofen whihc might increase bleeding as it has aspirin in it and I am neither too sur whether to use anusol as it will shrink the area and reduce circulation..my understanding is that Rectogesic does the exact opposite! It seems they may conflict..has anyone asked a doc about this please? I live in a small village and dont drive..the GP is overloaded so it is difficult to be seen. I try to manage a lot of this myself if i can.
How much blood would seem acceptable from a fissure and over what period of time? I know it is a fissure but the bleeding is much the same as when I used to menstruate and as I have IBS too (of the alternating kind and not usually obstructed so much as too frequent) it means I am bleeding a teaspoon or two several times a day. When the GP asks how much..how long is a piece of string..it depends on how many times you go through this torture in a day? I feel very tired this time and have pulling,stinging pains in back of my calves as well as the usual posterior agonies.
I have got over a thrombosed pile in the past and that took about 2 months to sort out..I know these things do usually get better but I am trying to help things along by doing the right things and not the wrong ones. Any tips or answers welcome. Thanks.
Doggyvonne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Sufferer on and off 7 years

Postby Doggyvonne » 03 Jun 2014, 06:04

I am now 3weeks on and over this bout of fissures. What i did see is a very sharp and fairly dry piece of apple skin folded into a razor edge which got stuck in my anus..i gently prized it out..was this causing the problem and had it been sliced into my anus? I started to get better after this. IN future I am going to peel all my apples.
Doggyvonne
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2