support

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: support

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2007, 20:49

:hi: Just checking in with Gracie to see how you are doing? Hope things are better this week!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2007, 21:18

ithurtstosit wrote:Grace,
On the anal fissure mailing list (which I dropped because it was too much e-mail in my inbox) there were other Brits who complained that they were unable to get the Nefedipine or the Diltiazem, both of the channel blockers. You may be outta luck, which is a shame.
Expect vascular "weird' effects from the nitro. But slowly your system will adjust to it. It can work; I feel that at least it will give you some releif -- I hope it does! Be careful; I'm surprised you haven't complained of a headache as that is the most common side-effect and happens to nearly everyone. It's why I refused it when my first surgeon offered it ( I already have migraines). He didn't seem to know about the other two creams.
Sorry to hear it's been rough -- I'd call the Dr. and ask about the tiredness.
Hugh Image

hi hugh, its a shame those meds arent available on nhs in the uk. yeah i have felt crap all week. i get alternate days it seems. one day the effects are extreme tiredness and the next its a stuffy head feeling. not suite a headache, more the feeling u get when u have a bad head cold. im not even taken the full dose yet so dreading what that will be like. i refused to take it as well when they first said about it cos i have headaches and dizziness normally and didnt want the hassle. but i gave in :-( the drs arent overly helpful but ive decided to go bk and ask them to do sumthin with this tiredness. im shaking after i go to the loo now too and its not normal i swear.
hope ure well.
xx

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2007, 21:19

Lecia wrote::hi: Just checking in with Gracie to see how you are doing? Hope things are better this week!
Lecia

o thanks for the kind thoughts, i have sent u a long message bk (sry it really is longggggg).

i hope u are ok.
xx

Postby Guest » 25 Feb 2007, 21:23

Cheryl wrote:
marmite wrote:Do u all feel that u get enough support from the drs and ur friends??
thanks again for ur replies, i really appreciate it.
xx

Hey Grace
I got quite alot of support from hubby, he has been wonderful, letting me scream and cry on his shoulder whilst in agonising BM's, running hot baths for me etc etc
My family on the other hand are sure ive been shoving stuff up my arse to get this problem in the first place...?? Thanks mum & dad!
The drs seem to think my arse was their playground!
My surgeon however was great - a little lacking bedside manner, but better than i expected, had some sympathy for me and gave a crap about how i felt..
I think what matters about all of it is how you deal with it, hold positive thoughts and atleast know that we are here for you - keeping your frame of mind positive will help you alot, and if you do have friends, drs, family to help you then that is a great bonus!
Most of my friends didnt know about it, only 1 close friend... im not sure id be comforatble telling everyone.

hi im glad ur hubby is supportive. not so good that ur family havent been as supportive as they cud of been. think this forum is such a fantastic idea. i really didnt think id find sumwhere where i cud just talkto people about fissures and they wud all understand. is fantastic. i think the drs here arent so good with it all, i think they dont no that much about it truth be told. yeah i think how u feel about urself etc is a very important thing, but i think thats also a weakness as i seem to get down about stuff and get too negative too quickly.
xx