Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag removal)

After surgery questions... sulfadiazine?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post Surgery Advice? (LIS, fissurectomy, skin tag remova

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 19:07

You want to be having a 3 or a 4 every day
missy moo
King Fissure

Topics: 37

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 19:09

Aim for a 3 first then work towards 3-4 so your getting a natural stretch out bum muscle needs an wants a 3 or 4 otherwise it gets tight as time goes on
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 16 Aug 2018, 19:18

Yeah I used to have those #4's on the chart before I had the 8nfection and surgery.

I'm not sure if it's diet, lack of exercise, stress, medication or all of these factors?

I cut out bread and I think my diet is too high in fat. I've been craving a lot of peanut butter and some other fatty foods in the last few weeks. Maybe this is not so good for bm's and consistency.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 19:22

I wouldn't eat peanut butter to often maybe even try go a week without it an see if by the end of the week your bms have changed my my auntie who was a nurse and a naturopath said peanuts shouldn't be eaten raw there a legume and need to be cooked we eat them wrong she says we should all avoid eatting peanuts fullstop. So are you saying your bms are skinny now an you don't know why?
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 16 Aug 2018, 19:37

Oh no no Missy they are not skinny they are about the width of say...a thumb .....but I find they are broken in short multiple pieces.... not hard but soft. They are not the usual 6 " or so log I was used to seeing ( sorry if it's tmi I feel odd talking about it sometimes ).

Oh and the peanut butter is the natural type. No other additives like oils salts Ana sugars. I thought peanut butter is roasted not raw.

In any case you're likely right in suggesting I cut it out and see how it works out. I think too much peanut butter may be contributing to my constipation and fatty stools.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Da_butt_tho » 16 Aug 2018, 19:39

Mike- I was having them after the surgery fairly regularly- I don’t have them as often now, except I slightly re-tore a bit and have had sporadic spasms now after a BM again.

Missy is def right- the diazepam can be addicting- so I try not to take it often (and actually only take 1/2 if a pill now that I’m a month out from surgery, as it makes me a bit nervous to take too much)!
Da_butt_tho
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 19:45

I'm pretty sure legumes are boiled I'm not sure that's just what she told me she knows alot about food. It should be a continuous log would you say it's try sounds like maybe a lack of natural fats an oils like olive oil avocado Omega 3 s oily fish that type of thing I find eating prunes makes it quite stuck together and in one piece apparently just eating prunes everyday can fix constipation both hard stools an not going often enough these are the two different types of constipation
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby missy moo » 16 Aug 2018, 19:47

7 prunes twice a day I read it on a constipation curing helping fixing website what ever you want to call it but it was a gut doctor who wrote it
missy moo
King Fissure

Postby mike1971 » 16 Aug 2018, 19:53

OK Missy thanks for the advice you're a sweetheart I have regular salmon and olive oil in my diet. I have prune juice and dried prunes and wheat bran I will try eating more of.

Oh Da_butt I notice I too still have some spasms after a bm bit not as bad as just after surgery. It feels as though it's numb and tight for a few minutes after a bm. It's a weird feeling. I'm not sure if the muscle is tramatized due to the infection and surgery.

I hope this gets better for both of us in time.
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby mike1971 » 16 Aug 2018, 19:55

missy moo wrote:7 prunes twice a day I read it on a constipation curing helping fixing website what ever you want to call it but it was a gut doctor who wrote it

Oh my that's 14 prunes a day that seems a bit much I don't think I have that big of a problem I'm afraid I'll be on the loo all day long don't you think?!
mike1971
Proctosphincteranalogist