Thank God I found this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Thank God I found this!

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 15:15

I use aloe vera, ky jelly and a&d ointment.
The first two you can get in the UK, the third is an ointment for diaper rash and as far as I know it isn't available in the UK.

Were you prescribed anoheal or nitroglycerin before the surgery to see if you could heal?

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 15:36

HI TABBY!
YES I am in the UK!!!
No I wasnt prescribed anything in the way of creams - I tried lidocaine and fybogel and lactulose syrup to make bm soft, which helps. As I am visiting family now, it is difficult to stick to my normal routine and I cant eat the same way that I am used to, as I am not the one doing the cooking!
(I have a secret supply of fruit and water in my guest room!)
Ive had pain and fissures - two of them - for over one whole year before I got surgery.
I think I got the fissures after a kidney infection which put me in hospital - i was constipated then had bad diarrhea after due to antibiotics.
I am going to go and ask for anoheal cream tomorrow at the Doctors - my surgeon is on holiday - till Sep 5th!!!
Can I ask some of the other girls . . .how do you manage your intimate life with all this pain? This is one of the biggest problems for me - It is putting a real strain on my relationship, even though he does his best to be understanding and supportive!
Does anyone else have this problem?
I feel so embarrassed to let him see my bum now! (I am blushing writing this, but I need help!!!)

Postby cherylk » 31 Jul 2008, 16:17

Sadie,
It might be a true test of your relationship if he stands by you with this or not. Everyone will have health issues from time to time. Good luck!!
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 16:19

O Sadie do not be embarrassed, the fact is more do suffer than they let on !
Is your relationship fairly new ? I can understand your concerns…
Anoheal is what to ask for, if you can get it use it 3 x daily before and after a BM this hard work should pay off for you !
For now Vaseline will help to lube the area before a BM and create a barrier to stop the burning of your open wound,
I would stick with the fybogel or regucol which is similar but with prebitoics, which will keep your tummy nice– Holland and Barret – remember lots of water with these supplements !
Go for some evening primrose too I know most of us girls suffer around that time for me this helped with the time of the month constipation and cramps
This forum is a haven there is so much good advice here i am sure it will help you find your way
Heres a big hug

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 18:01

I can see how it would be embarrasing to talk about and could hamper your sex life especially if it is fairly new and you are shy about things, but I figure if he loves you and you trust him enough for sex then he should be mature enough to handle this setback. I don't think my husband sees my anus when we have intercourse so the visual isn't disturbing, but the pain can be if something slips and it can be hard to relax if you are afraid of something happening down there. You could always keep the lights off for awhile or avoid positions where he could see things but really most guys are not put off by anything once they get going, so I bet he will be just fine. My husband looks at my bottom almost every day because I need an objective eye to see how things are healing and he still wants sex afterwards. What strange foreplay, huh?

Postby juney » 31 Jul 2008, 20:07

i'm usually too uncomfortable down there to have sex. everything feels raw and sore and just the thought of sex makes me cringe. my boyfriend's been so supportive and awesome for the past 2 years but i know it's been hard on him. we've been dating as long as i've been having these problems. if your partner knows how much pain you're in and he really cares about you, he should be understanding. it's definitely a test of the relationship, like cheryl said.
give it a few more weeks, you just had a serious surgery and you need some time to recover. things should get better, but if not then you definitely need to see your dr again and figure out what's going on. i didn't really start worrying til 10-12 weeks after surgery. hang in there!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby cherylk » 31 Jul 2008, 20:09

Lecia,
I'm glad that I am not the only one who had their husband look at their butt, but hey, that's part of being married if necessary, right??
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 21:12

Yeah, desperate times call for desperate measures, but really he knows my butt better than I do at this point!

Postby Fissulyna » 31 Jul 2008, 21:52

Yeah - and My CRS today asked me who took the picture of my anus - I was flabbergasted by the question - "Oh - there are now annal fissure studios in every Long's " , I almost exclaimed - what a stupid question and what does it matter at all ????? "My husband" , I said, and gave him a look before he could give me one - idiot !
Anyways - dear S. - sorry that I will be short, my butt hurts a big deal from todays exam. It is VERY hard to have sex when you have fissure - either it hurts or you are so down because you have to deal with stupid butt, so you are not in the mood for "fooling around" , but if he really cares and loves you , he would understand and stick with you in sickness and in health.
I had fissurectomy and NONE sutures were used. I read a lot of med. papers and never found that detail - that sutures are used after fissurectomy. Some CRSs even refuse to use sutures after tag removal so that wound can drain, some use them though. I did extensive research about laser removal of tags and finally found a guy who has lasers but he told me that he tried all 3 techniques - cutting, lasers, crio method (freezing) and the best results he had with plain cutting. Lasers and crio caused prolonged drainage and foul smell of the wounds. BUT, that is just his experience, maybe other CRS would say something else since I never found 2 CRSs that have same opinion about ANY procedure or problem - it is like when they went to med school they gave them each a bag full of tools and just sent them into the world to do whatever they feel like doing and however they want .
Best of luck and I would go for check-up if I were you, why worry
without the reason, and there might be a reason - one never knows.
I wish you the best of luck !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 21:58

I can't believe that CRS asked you who took the picture. What a freak! But, Fissy, you did just make me laugh when you said that about Long's. I had to read it to my husband and he started chuckling too. My husband's technique has improved. The first 50 shots or so it was always blurry but now he gets a clear shot!