Thank God I found this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Thank God I found this!

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 13:42

Hi Sadie
I am glad you are not in too much pain that is good !
It is still early days and you will still be healing...
Just a thought but the local hosptial will have an emergency department atleast this would ensure you got seen quickly !
Hang in there Sadie Image

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 14:46

Thanks Tabby!
Why are you suffering at the mo?
I hope you are feeling ok too?
I am going to see if I can find one of those walk-in centres nearby and go to that.
I dont think it can be that bad, as I dont seem to be in half as much pain as some people here are. I dont have any fever, or redness or anything, just the open slit like cut.
The only time it is hurting me now is after a bm, but i just jump straight in a sitz bath and its gone in ten mins.
Oh also Tabby, can you tell me, is anoheal cream available without prescription here in the UK? Im guessing I will have to ask the doctor for this dili - whatsit cream will I?
Sorry I cant remember what its called!!!
Also, surely if I walk into A and E with a sore bum, they will be mad at me, as its not exactly life threatening is it?

Postby Jo » 04 Aug 2008, 15:32

Hi Sadie,
It would probably be a good idea to get checked out to make sure everything is OK.
I did have drainage after my hemmie surgery for many weeks, I did not have stitches and had to wear a pad maybe for several months! I think an open wound like that creates drainage, I did not have stitches though.
Good luck getting it checked out.
Jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 16:33

Hi Sadie
I think that would be a great idea Image
No its not life threatening but an infection could be, a doctor will not dismiss you if state you are worried about infection, for your piece of mind too ! they cannot be mad at you, don’t worry about that.
The cream you are after is ANOHEAL – Diltiazem , it is prescription yes, some doctors have never heard of it but they should be able to source it for you !
Yes Sadie, I am suffering , I have had my fissure since March 2007 I used anoheal which kept things good for a while but came off the cream recently and hey presto my fissure returned, now I am wating for my surgery date with the NHS , skin tag removal and anal dilation …
Goodluck
x

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2008, 10:39

Ok, I'm going to ask for them to give me a prescription for that.
Do you know what it does exactly? I will have a look on the internet and see if I can find out.
Sorry to hear you are in pain - I hope you dont have to wait that long to get seen on the NHS.
Do you know what caused you fissure? It seems weird to me that some people's bum holes just decide not to work properly. Imagine if it happened at the other end. What if your mouth suddenly cracked open and wouldnt heal because you ate some big food . . .?!?!?!?
Im glad its not just me that has a soggy bum too Jo! It is getting a bit less soggy today, since I really cleaned it up in there - eek that hurt, but it did the trick.

Postby Jo » 05 Aug 2008, 10:57

Yikes! It sounds painful to clean up there. Not sure if I could do that. Hope you are better.
Any luck finding a place to get checked out?
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 05 Aug 2008, 12:50

Thanks Sadie Image
Hope you managed to get looked over today ?
I did chuckle at your comment …that’s funny Image
My first fissure was caused by constipation, this one I have now was caused by diarrhoea from a nasty tummy bug !!
Its crazy isn’t it !!! Image
Hope this will explain the anoheal
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Anal_fissure#Chemical_sphincterotomy
x

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2008, 01:48

HI
I went to see the doctor and he said it is all healing - not to worry about the stitches coming out. He said the wetness is just your bodies natural defences against the injury thats there.
I dont need more antibiotics or anything apparently, so thats good!
I wanted to tell you all about a natural cream that I have been using that is amazing! (It smells like a peanut or sasame seed - very strongly, I can never eat hoummous again, but if it works, I dont care!)
Its called MEBO cream and it works a treat!
Its based on chinese herbal treatments I think..?
It was traditionally used for the treatment of burns and ulcers and wounds, it is 100% natural and contains b-sisterol, which helps with healing and analgesia. Ive been slapping it on my fissures and using it before and after bm and its instantly soothing and giving relief.
I dont know if you can get it in the UK / US...? I guess it will say on the internet. I will look for a link for it and post it here.
There is nothing I can find about it being used for the treatment of fissures, but my ObGyn swears by it for healing the perineal tears after pregnancy, so I thought I'd give it a go for this and - hey presto - I feel much better.
I thought this might be useful for people who like to use natural things...

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2008, 01:53

http://pharmacydirect.resultspage.co.nz/medical/Mebo
This is the best link I could find.
I think its in New Zealand?

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2008, 06:28

Hi Sadie
I was so pleased to read your update, this is great news !!!!
You will have peace of mind too that you are on the right track for healing !
Things can only get better right !! :D
Did you ask about the Anoheal ??
How are you feeling today? How is your tag doing ?
Did you buy the mebo from the uk ? if so where can I buy ?
Wishing you a super fast recovery
xx