The Giz's New Ass

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

wow!!!

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 11:31

hi folks...wow...wow is all i have to say...holy cow........!!!..
im gonna tell ya my story..im not staring at the screen so excuse my spelling.. lol
im back,,wow!..ok i went in for surgry on fri morning 9:30 it now tue 4 days later..
ok , listen ive been here for only a couple weeks and you people have helped me change my life..!! thank you guys and thank you for this site..
5 years or more of pain:
fri morning was the most scrarest time of my life.. i have never had anything happen to me even close to this..
friday:
9:30am sun.. arrive at office/ paperwork and certified check!
10:00 off with my clothes and into a gound and hair net.. talked with the guy that was gonna knock me out..made some jokes and checked a few things like looking in my mouth for loose fillings ect to make sure i didnt choke i guess..
10:15 i,v, and some small amount of some kinda stuff to make me relax.
10:30 said goodby to my girl and then i dont remeber being brought to the operating room....in operating room and remember being asked to place my arms on these paddle like things..then i guess i sorta felt my gown open and a soft shaving razor on my butt check,,,zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz
zzzz zzzz zzzz zzzz zzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzzz zzzz that was it!??i dont remember anything else at that point
11:30 opened my eyes and i was laying in a different room with a chair next to my bed.. felt like i slept the deepest ive ever slept in my life..no dreams or anything..
11:45 nurse comes over and helps me to a chair.. water and a cracker they give me then my girl comes in..
12:00 doc comes over and tells me everything went great.. found a tear that ive had for a long time and the way he explained it was that the tear had a big problem healing because of a large piece of skin he called a tab had tried to grow over it to heal itself.. 4 inch tear.. he removed the tab and stiched the tear so it can heal.. he said if i stay on a high fiber diet ill be fine!
12:15 my girl pulls the car up and off i go.. no pain!
1:00 my girl picks up my prescription of 60 percoset and instructions..
1:30....zzzzz zzzzz zzzzz zzzzzz
4:30 up and hungry..havent ate since 7:30 pm thur nite.. but sooo scared because i dont wont to ever go to the bathroom again..
5:00 broke down,,had some cream of mushroom soup and 5 fiber tabs and 2 colase tabs..2 percs just in case..
6:00 chicken noddle soup/crackers.
7:00small salad..
8:00zzzz zzzz zzzzz zzzzzzz
sat:
2:00am 2 colase 5 fiber tabs
zzzzzzz zzzzzz zzzzzzzzz
10:00am no pain? ....bean soup//lentile..3 small carrots.. crackers
tv/tv/tv!!
zzzz zzzzz zzzzzz
1:00 pm afternoon,, 2 cups of granola with milk.. oatmeal...
tv/tv/tv zzzzzzzz 5 fiber tabs///no pain!
5:00pm veg soup..crackers..banna chips.. 2 percoset
tv/tv/tv zzz zzzzz zzzz
8:30pm 2 colase / beef barly soup..more damn crackers..lol no pain
zzzzzz zzzz zzzzz
sunday:
9:00am no pain but gettn scared of a bm..!!!
10:00 prune juice/2 colase grill cheese and soup..
12:00 5 fiber tabs.. no pain..ham sandwhich..tomatoe soup.. no pain!
tv/tv////zzzzz zzzz zzzz
3:00 really gettn scared of a bm.. no pain but very nervouse..
5:00..think im gonna go!!....omg i was so scared...

ran the tub water to have it ready like i always do so when im done i can get right in there!,,.. then it happen had to go..omg i was shaking...so scared ,,,,please god i beged,,please... please...and i went... hummm?...no pain?...ok i know i usaully get hit about 2 min. after i go..hummm...omg...scared!!!.........got in the tub...scared to place my butt in the warm water not knowing whats gonna happen...got in...hum...no pain..????
folks i sat there for like 30 min....could not understand this,,??,,no pain...but i have adjusted myself for over 5 years to have pain after a bm.....got out of the tub and something its seems abit spirttuall hit me..im a grown man and i just started crying...i mean bawling..!!!!!!!
in 5 years i have not know what it felt like to not have pain after a bm..omg.. i
so i come out the bathroom..after dryn my eyes..but my girl could tell i was cryn...i was sooo embarresed.. i haven cried since i was like 14 and lost my dad....she thought i was in pain..but so happy when i told her!
well its now tue afternoon folks / forced myself to get back to slow work on monday and was so tired all day...guess i was worn out...4 weeks on the couch before surgery....im self employed building contractor and had my guy drive me around all day saying hello to my customers//dunkin dounut managers /strip mall owners and such.. i do all there plumbing and heating..had to make my rounds.
felt a lil pinching a few times ..but nothing...nothing...nothing like what i was in... thank you god!... im doing good now...like i said its tue afternoon and im percoset free for 2 days now...got 5 left out of 60...lol
seems my mind is running faster then my body can for now..got so many things a wanna do..but i get tiered fast...but im sure this will soon pass!!
i feel alot different in my though proccess,,i feel like a new man!!! i wanna live!!! i wanna live!!!....as you see im so happy...
folks i kick myself..in the ass///no not there!..lolol///in my knee!!
i should have done this along time ago.. i had alot of time to think and i lost out alot im these years of pain in many ways...because of pain !!
if you have af....do it.,...!!!!!!! stop living in pain..!!stop it...read my post...i was so shicken shit..so scared i wanted to die!!!... im soooo sooo sooo much better..!!!
remember folks....lots and lots of water all day!!!! fiber tabs///colase!!!!
other then a few pinching once in a while i am soooo far...doing 100% better!!!
thank you for this site and you people because i truly dont think i would have done it without you folks and you stories!!!
i love you all!.....see im a new man...lol!!!
its good to be alive
the giz! aka...new asshole on the block!

Re: The Giz's New Ass

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 11:41

got 5 left out of 60...lol
i ment 50 out of 60 left...holy cow...lol

POST OP

Postby Guest » 21 Nov 2006, 16:08

CONGRATULATIONS GIZ!!!! Image I am glad that you are feeling better with a new lease on life. Welcome back. :D
christina

Postby Cheryl » 21 Nov 2006, 17:59

Image Image Image
Well done Giz, hope you dont mind, i moved you to your very own topic!
This is so wonderful - im glad you are feeling relief - reading your fear about the 1st BM made me laugh, reminded me exactly of my experience!! Just continue your good diet and be careful not to have tooooo much fibre, can make BM too big! But sounds like you are on your way to a full recovery - WOOHOO - High Five!!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Cheryl » 21 Nov 2006, 17:59

Ps. love your new picture !!
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Nov 2006, 08:41

WOW, I did *not* know you had suffered so long. Five years...Man, I'd have bawled, too!Image

Well, if we at this site helped in any way, you should thank Cheryl as she is the one who got this thing cranked up and going. As for me, well you have been the biggest encouragement as far as my decision to have the darned surgery! So don't think it hasn't worked both ways, you've been good for us, too! I'm going to have it first of the year....I have too much going on in December to be side-lined for two weeks. But the first week or so in January, it gonna be bottoms up!:cyclops:

Now for some turkey...

Hugh:joker:
Deleted User 5

HAPPY TURKEY DAY TO ALL!

Postby Guest » 23 Nov 2006, 09:09

WELL KEEP UP THE GOOD SPIRTS... AND HAPPY TURKEY DAY!!!
IT WILL BE A GREAT NEW YEAR FOR YA IF YA GET IT REPAIRED..
ITS KINDA FUNNY HOW EVERY TIME I GET A BM.. I THANK GOD AND GET UP AND ALMOST HIGH FIVE MYSELF.. LOLOL
I DO FEEL LIKE A DIFFERENT PERSON..
I HAVE BEEN ON A 2 COLASE AM AND 2 PM / 5 FIBER TABS AM AND 5 PM... BACK TO NORMAL FOOD/,,GOOD FOOD NOT JUNK.. MY GIRL KEEPS COMMING HOME WITH ALL KINDS OF DIFFERENT HIGH FIBER STUFF//SHE EVEN CAME BACK FROM THE STORE TODAY WITH HIGH FIBER POPTARTS..ORGANIC STUFF SEEMS WONDERFUL!.!!! LOL... ALL BM'S SO FAR ARE GREAT!!!...LIGHT AND FLUFFY!!!....
HOPE YOU FEEL BETTER! AND FOR SOME STRANGE REASON EVEN THO IM 99.9% BETTER IM STILL HERE EVERY DAY?,,,,,,,,,
DR. GIZ ..A.R.G. / ANAL RESEARCH GINIEPIG!

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2006, 02:20

Hi Giz
Sounds like your on top of the world! Im now on a waiting list to have my op - im scared, but I cant wait. Most people i talk to now have had a good recovery.
lets hope im the same
Annie

Postby Guest » 25 Nov 2006, 21:25

I am so glad that you are doing so much better! I can't imagine dealing with this for that long Image
I was also glad to read your post because I think I've come to the conclusion that I'd better do the surgery....if I want something resembling a "normal" life, that is. As much as I HATE the thought of it, I can't continue like this, ya know?
Please keep us posted on your continued success Image
ttyl,
Sara
p.s. I was wondering when you said you have 5 out of 60 percoset left :shock:

Postby Cheryl » 26 Nov 2006, 01:19

gizmo wrote:FOR SOME STRANGE REASON EVEN THO IM 99.9% BETTER IM STILL HERE EVERY DAY?,,,,,,,,,DR. GIZ ..A.R.G. / ANAL RESEARCH GINIEPIG!

Image Thanks Giz for staying on - Its experiences like yours which need to be shared with other sufferers - as you and I know, the thought of surgery 'before' you've had it done can be extremely scary! Image
I hope many people get to read your recovery - I think it has inspired a couple of our members already!
Thanks a million! this is exactly what the forum was made for Image
Cheryl
Cheryl
Proctosphincteranalogist