Hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello

Postby val » 28 Mar 2008, 01:48

Hi Tabby,
welcome! sorry you're suffering! My experience was that I thought mine was healed, but I ended up with an abcess, then a fistula and ended up having to have the LIS even though I too had wanted to heal naturally. It was the best thing I ever did and I am now pain free most of the time. Although I had thought I had nearly heald, my fissure was 12cm long! The fact that you say you're in pain around the time of your period suggests that its causing spasms, which would possibly mean the fissure is still there, and may not heal without the op, but that's just my humble opinion!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 28 Mar 2008, 04:24

Fissulyna
I did not know the hc supp can cause infections and fungus, it was the hc cream I was using, and very recently I have been using the ordinary ansol supp !!!
I will stop using them as from now !!! As I also said I think I have some sensitivity/itching so maybe best to refrain from any cream unless I really need it !
I will take your advice and stick to the Dilitazem – Anoheal cream.
The polyp concerns me to this is why I went back to my doc after seeing the surgeon my doc said not to worry , it is fibrous polyp due to inflammation she told me it would not interfere with anything and would not need to be removed…
Are you now completey healed Fissulyna?
Dear Val
I have followed various posts of yours, I am so sorry you had to go through all that…how unfair when you were so close to healing, a 12cm fissure !!!! Goodness Image
I worry that this fissure of mine may turn into something else, abscess , fistula…Please No !!
Val, when I get these monthly setbacks I do not have spasms…Touchwood… but more of a tight feeling down there :roll:
Maybe I should ask to see another surgeon and see what he makes of my situation; I was just unlucky with the last surgeon not being able to understand him was half the battle !
I really appreciate all those who have replied, it really does help to speak to like minded people Image
Image Fissulyna and Val !
Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2008, 05:29, edited 3 times in total.

Postby val » 28 Mar 2008, 15:08

I went to a private Nuffield hospital in the end because my doctors didn't listen to me. When I got the abcess the GP said what would I like her to do about it!!! It was well worth getting into debt for the outcome I got at the Nuffield. I always think you should trust your instincts and get a second(or even 3rd or 4th or more) opinion until you find a doctor who knows what they're talking about and treats you accordingly.
val
King Fissure

Postby buttgirl » 28 Mar 2008, 17:06

Val's right. Finding a CRS you like and believe is competent is very important. I suffered for 2 years until I was able to find one.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Fissulyna » 28 Mar 2008, 22:59

You are welcome dear Tabby Image !!!
My fissure healed after surgery (knock the wood Image ! I only have skin tag that is bothering me occasionally but it is minor concern for now.
I hope that you will find kind and competent doctor very soon Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 29 Mar 2008, 04:40

:hi:
Thank you Ladies Image
Val you really have been through it..... How is recovery for you now?
I will say my Doctor is a family doctor and i do trust her completley, after i saw that surgeon i was so upset that the appointment didnt go as i hoped, i asked her for her honest opinon of whether i should do the surgery and she said not at this time, if she had told me to go for it i would have !
I will have a chat with her soon maybe she could have a peek to see how things are looking Image
Now :oops: i did have a little look myself yesterday and from what i can see the fissure seems to be closed - from the outside !!...FOR NOW!!!
I too have a skin tag Image usaully it wont bother me unless !!
I had one of these with my first fissure too and over the years that one has shrunk in size, it is the size of a small pip now, so heres hoping with time our current tags will fade into a distant memory Image
I am knocking on wood for you Val and Fissulyna that you never have to go through this again Image
Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2008, 05:18, edited 1 time in total.

Postby Sorerumpie » 30 Mar 2008, 09:23

Tabby , I had the botox injection four months ago -
I didn't get any results other than it made me pass gas involuntarily before others for three months .............
It also nearly causes loss of stool control for that period - especially if using MOM or stool softeners . I am not sure I would do the botox again - but others seem to have had good results with healing with it.
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby val » 30 Mar 2008, 11:51

Thanks Tabby!
Yeah recovery is brilliant- I would say the LIS is a miracle cure, it certainly was for me! My only regret is not having it done earlier!
val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 31 Mar 2008, 05:21

Kind Thanks Sorerumpie.....That is very good to know Image
Val ....i am sooo pleased for you :D
I love that i am a fibre addict now...This board is sooo cool Image
Last edited by Guest on 26 Oct 2008, 05:19, edited 1 time in total.

Postby happyass » 02 Apr 2008, 21:04

hi tabby,
welcome to the forum.
i hope you continue to have success on your path to healing.
best wishes,
gareth
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74