Evening primrose oil

Discuss changes in diet that have helped you manage your fissure, or any supplements or medications/creams that have been effective.

Return to Diet Tips / Supplements

Re: Evening primrose oil

Postby Guest » 09 Jul 2008, 15:59

I am sorry you are having such a rough time, Tabby. I know how distressing that is. It is like one wrong move and bam! Back to square one. One thing I try to tell myself when I have a setback is that I have felt better before and I will get there again. I'll be interested in seeing what your CRS says.

Val, I wish they could tell you more specifically what they are wanting an MRI for and what they hope to see. I know when I got one years ago when this whole butt pain started they were looking for compressions or a hematoma. Maybe they are looking for something like that?

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 03:52

Thank you Lecia , I know you can all relate..
Mondays appointment will be very intresting , of course i will keep you posted...
Today I have that razor tight feeling Image I am thinking coming off my cream has maybe made things more apparent ???
The mood I am in today I am so ready to get rid of this thing for good whatever it takes…………GULP :pale: Image Image
I love your rockin pussiecats Image
Thank you guys for being here Image

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 08:52

Hey Tabbycat,
Yeah, I bet coming off the cream has made things more prominent like you said. I think there comes a time when we reach that point where we are willing to do whatever it takes to get rid of this thing once and for all. Whatever you decide we'll be right there with you.
Take some soaks and read a book. Might I suggest Twilight by Stephenie Meyer? I really got lost in it!

Big hugs, Image

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 09:56

Hi Lecia , Thanks...
Things have felt so painful today I had to reach for my half a tube of Diltiazem,! just hope i don’t start the itchyness carryon !
I am a bit stunned if I am honest, its been 5 weeks since not usng any cream in which time I started the fibre lark and reducing my miracle moviocl, it is crazy isn’t it, before this i felt so much better Image
A hot bath does work a treat I spent hours in there today, now I am gonna curl up on the sofa with hubby and watch a flim !
I will look into that book…Thank you!
I hope you are doing Ok – how have you been feeling ?
I hope you are enjoying the break in Colorado
xx

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 10:02

Can you take something for the pain like ibuprofen which isn't constipating? I just hate thinking about you suffering like that. I can understand why you are stunned. I know I thought you were past the worst of it too.
What are you watching? If you can get hubby to get you that book I think you will like it. It is written for young adults and is a vampire coming of age/teen love story. I had my sister and my mom read it and they both LOVE it. Sorry to go on and on but there are just so few books that I pick up and am sad to put down at the end.

Things are fine here. No major bumps. I go back on Monday and then back to the doctors on Tuesday. The girls are having fun swimming and taking gymnastics. It is a nice break though I think I am a bit too old to live in my inlaws basement!

Hang in there. It IS going to get better!

:redlove:
L.

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 10:19

Good...I am glad you are feeling OK , i hope you inlaws are spoiling you rotten, you sure do deserve it !
I try not to take any painkillers for that reason , i will only take painkillers if i am not at home where i can rest up !
At this time i need to know what pain level i am dealing with !
I am sure you know what i mean !
As the evening goes on it will wear off .....Typical fissure !
Ok i am going to watch - I am Legend, have you seen it ...It looks fantastic !

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 10:29

Haven't seen that movie! I have been watching the Tudors miniseries which is superb! I am a sucker for that time period.
My girls are going to see Kit Kittredge an American Girl Mystery. I wonder if your daughter would like it or not. It is just released here in the US.

Yeah, by the time you start to feeling better it is bedtime and then the cycle repeats!

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 10:54

Yip thats the cycle :roll:
That sounds purrfect watching in the afternoon ! :)
I will keep my eye open for that latest release, my girl will watch anything, she has a good varied taste :)
I am legend caught me with a trailer..WOW ! Check out the trailer !

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 11:09

Okay-I will! Thanks for the rec.

How does your daughter handle things when you are in pain? Does she have a sense of what you have been going through?

Postby Guest » 10 Jul 2008, 12:16

Lecia, My daughter who is 11, is a great girl Image
I do not hide the fact from my daughter what is wrong, at first I told her my IBS was playing up, which I have also explained, she has a good understanding now of what is wrong, she has asked why I have what I do and to which I can explain the importance of taking care of her body, i try to show her I am strong – front ! And try not to let this interfere with normal family life !
I have an amazing husband which forms us 3 Image