Any advices of what to do or not to before colonoscopy ?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Any advices of what to do or not to before colonoscopy ?

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Jul 2008, 20:40

Hi all Image !
I guess it is never to early to get ready for some things, so I wonder if anybody would like to share some good tips for colonoscopy prep and all. I only know that I will be given thingy called Golighlty or something like that Image. Also - after the procedure - what is best to do regarding eating - should I continue with light food (soups and stuff) or I can eat normal food?
Anybody had any belly pains after procedure ?
Thanks a bunch in advance Image Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Re: Any advices of what to do or not to before colonoscopy ?

Postby happyass » 29 Jul 2008, 20:46

i actually felt hungry after the procedure. i cried when i woke up from the twilight but that was because i was so happy i survived what i thought was going to be a very traumatic experience.....the nerves gave way and i was finally able to just let go....so i cried..happy tears that is.....
i had the half golightly....i felt that i didn't go and evacuate until about an hour after i had completed everything....it was oscar night 2007.
i remember not eating anything that day other than just water and some bouillon cube in a hot water cup.
it will be just fine....
oh, when you are ready to poop, vaseline your assy so you won't disturb any of it as you may be pooping liquid a lot.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 29 Jul 2008, 20:48

I have to get one too before too long. I am looking forward to the versed. But that is about it!

Postby cherylk » 29 Jul 2008, 20:53

Fiss,
I like Happy was so happy that I woke up and everything was OK because I was nervous about the procedure beforehand. I think I just started eating normally afterwards, but mine was 7 years ago, so my memory is kind of hazy about details. I know that I was relieved that it was over and felt absolutely great upon awakening.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Jul 2008, 20:59

Thanks for fast reply : ))) !!! XOXO
Happy - how many times you went poop after G-staf ??? Did you put
Vaseline out or in the little hole ?
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 30 Jul 2008, 05:02

i believe i went for a good 4-5 times but really 4 times was mostly liquid - the prep stuff.
at the time, my little hole (hehehehehe) was very good so i had put vaseline around and within.
it was very embarrassed because even the morning of, i felt i had to go again and again to the bathroom and get rid of more liquid.
even walking into the OR as light as i felt, i still felt the need to go but the doc said that it would be okay and that he's had incredible stuff happen on the table as some people did not finish their golytely.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 30 Jul 2008, 06:36

Wild siggy, Gareth!!!
Deleted User 5

Postby happyass » 30 Jul 2008, 07:37

i actually found it on the VW forum so i thought it would be so appropriate here.....as the AF exercise to cure and end all AF!
now get to it Kim!
happyass
King Fissure

Postby val » 30 Jul 2008, 13:24

I havent got any experience of a colonoscopy-( what is it exactly? ), but just wanted to wish you luck for it. When have you got to have it done

:thinkofyou:
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jo » 09 Aug 2008, 10:58

Hi Fissy,
I'm kind of late responding here but I thought I'd tell some of my experience.
I've had to take the golytly? stuff twice last year. The first time I started way too late in the day and it kept me up all night "going", also made me throw up cause I was supposed to drink a cup every 20 minutes or so and be done by midnight.
I started much earlier the 2nd time and had much better results with it. Instead of starting when they said I started early afternoon, I didn't drink it as fast as they said cuz I had all day to get it down, no throwing up. I would drink a half a cup really fast then suck on a jolly rancher as a reward and it would take away the yucky taste. I made the bathroom trip alot, too many to remember. It really wasn't too bad the 2nd time around.
My dr also told me to be on a liquid diet the day before the golytly stuff, so I think that helped also.
After the colonoscopy, I really felt pretty good, but of course I had hemmie surgery too, so when the lidocaine wore off, I had pain from that. The colonoscopy seemed like a breeze, just take a little nap and wake up feeling good! Probably should eat mild food the first day until the digestive tract feels up to normal food.
Who came up with that goofy name?? golytly??? Image It's like a bad joke.
jo
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5