Thank God I found this!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Thank God I found this!

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 13:33

Hi Sadie
Is it possible you could have things checked over by your GP ???
Just for peace of mind that things are as they should be?
That fissure sounds sore, maybe they could pop another stitch or two in for you…
I don’t know Image
I have the same rituals just now so I can relate I thought I was the only one to do this :oops: Image
Jen , I don’t even tell my hubby these silly things I have to do !!!

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 13:43

I dont know if I can get a second opinion in time - mybe a GP can take a look, I dont know.
I think if i was to be referred to a surgeon here in the UK, it would take weeks to get the referral, by which time, I will have left to go home.
I go home mid august, so may try for a second opinion then, but Im sure where I live, they just see dollar signs, as its all private health care and they just want to do procedures on you to get the cash.
Im going to try and heal this on my own and do everything reccomended here to help me!
Im taking fybogel, but it is giving me very swollen abdomen - i feel pregnant sometimes!
Does anyone else get fluid leaking - like clear sticky liquid after fissurectomy? It happens at night - I wake up and my bum hole is all wet and sticky - eurgh !
I have to go and clean up with antiseptic and sitz baths.
I dont think there is an infection, because there is not foul smell...?
(so glad I can write this here without having to discuss it somewhere else!!!)

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 13:54

Are you in much pain ?
I cannot offer any advice regards the fluid, hopefully someone else can Image
Maybe a local doctor would be the quickest way for you to be seen?

Postby Guest » 02 Aug 2008, 15:44

I had some discharge after surgery too. Do you have any fever or an increase in redness or swelling at all? Was it hard to travel with this going on?

We have a lot of good info about supplements, fiber, stool softners etc but let us know if you have any questions.

Is there an urgent care you could go to just to make sure you don't have an infection. I worry about you not being seen for so long and having that gaping wound.

Postby buttgirl » 02 Aug 2008, 16:00

Hi Sadie,
I haven't read through the whole thread, just the beginning and the end. If I were you, I would be somewhat worried about the discharge. The only time I had discharge was after the drs opened up my abscess so I had a cut about as big as the one you describe and it was still infected.
To get the discharge to stop--and I don't recommend this--I applied an iodine ointment. IT STUNG LIKE CRAZY, but it did disinfect the area. Perhaps you could substitute a saline/iodine solution and irrigate the area with it. After my second surgery (LIS), my hubby irrigated the area for em and it was a real life saver. it stopped much of the pain and burning right away.
Like Lecia says, you could also go to urgent care and request 1000mg/day of flagyl. That is the antibiotic of choice for treating the area.
I hope you feel better soon.
Chris
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 05:19

But I only just finished one lot of antibiotics . . . I was on ciprobay for ten days, so I dont see how I can have an infection one week later. All these antibiotics are really not a good idea are they?
I just wanted to know if anyone else had discharge after fissurectomy?
It looks a lot less open and swollen today, so maybe the careful diet, cleanliness and fybogel are enough...?
There is no smell and nastiness from it - its just my bum is always wet - thats never happened before, so I just wanted to know if I should try and keep it dry or just slap some more cream on there.

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 06:50

Sadie
I am glad you have been on the A/Bs !
Glad to hear the swelling has gone down a little too...
I really dont know about the wetness but if it was me i would get this checked out ASAP, i am no expert but an infection is the last thing you need right now !
How is the pain level for you today ??

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 10:10

I am sorry we can't reassure you that everything is fine because we really don't know. But if someone had described to you what you had described to us, don't you think you would recommend they see a doctor? Maybe it is nothing but a gaping wound that should be closing is prone to all sorts of problems. That may not be what you want to hear but it is only out of concern.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 04 Aug 2008, 10:27

Yes, it wouldn't be prudent to hope for the best based on what you hear here. Anal discharges can be the sign of a fistula or several other things. I think I'd get it checked out!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2008, 13:05

ok, I will scout about and see if I can see a doctor here tomorrow. I am not in a lot of pain today - I went walking in the country and it was just the occasional twinge and stinging sensation, especially when it gets hot!
I sit in the back seat of the car with my legs sideways and tucked under my bum to avoid pressure on it and that works well.
I dont know, I think I have a high pain threshold too!
Lets see what a doctor says, but im not going to go letting them poke around in there! Thats going to do more damage than good at this time! Its only around 4 weeks since surgery and i dont want the doc to hurt me!!!
Thanks for bullying me people!!!
S