MY LIS STORY

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: MY LIS STORY

Postby Jen » 08 Jun 2009, 22:54

Kim -
I don't think it's dehydration - but who knows - the slightest change can alter poo and most the time it goes unnoticed by people - except for us fissure folks.
Juney -
Yes, I hate being dependent on things. I am very blessed to be felling well, however, I feel like if I stopped my benefiber, my healing would be short lived. The good news is that we never have to stop taking the benefiber - it is natural and we can take it for years. Tonight is the last night I am taking miralax - I need to see if my BM's are back to normal.
I hope your feeling well! Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Corsi » 09 Jun 2009, 09:01

I too hate being dependent on laxatives. Have taken Movicol/Miralax since November, stopped taking it a week ago and things are slow moving Image
I still take lactulose though...
Hope you are doing OK without the Miralax Jen :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 10 Jun 2009, 08:19

Hey Jen!
It may sound weird, but for some reason the Skinny Cow ice creams make my poo soft! They have like 4-5 grams fiber in them and I just have noticed make me go softly. Just a thought! I hope you are feeling better.

Postby pinky » 10 Jun 2009, 14:33

Dear Jen,
How was the Bm today?maybe its the stress or is it anything to do with hormones?pms?stress causes havoc on our systems.sometimes it happens even if we do everything right.is it hard even with benefibre?have u tried more fruits and water?
hope it gets back to normal
pinky
Fissureologist

Topics: 6

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Jun 2009, 16:15

OH _ I ADORE SKINNY COW !!!!! I never even know that it has fiber Image !!! Well, now I have one more reason to indulge Image
Yes, Jen , how are you doing :D ??? Hope that poop is cooperating !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Jen » 12 Jun 2009, 15:57

Thanks for the info guys! I love skinny cow! I used to eat them all time time when I was on weight watchers - they are 2 pts each, FYI! Good to know thay have fiber in them. Also, FYI, 4 pieces of Dove dark chocolate has 3 grams of fiber. I was so impressed! Well, I guess, fiber comes from plants, and chocolate is from a bean.... Image
I just got back from the doctors. I am having HORRIBLE back pain. I went on a long run 4 days ago. The pain started after that, and this morning, I could not get out of bed. He thinks it is just a muscle strain, but if it is not better by monday, I will start physical therapy.
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 12 Jun 2009, 16:00

Jen,
You are too young for back pain!! I was having some back pain also (from straining during exercises) and it stinks. Hope you feel better soon. When is it again that you graduate from school????????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 12 Jun 2009, 16:03

Thanks Cheryl! I have never had back pain before this week and I have a new sympathy for all my future back pain patients. This is a horrible feeling. It even hurts to pick up my phone. This really sucks - I love running!
Graduation is in August! I am so excited!
Jen
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 12 Jun 2009, 16:05

Is graduation the last part of August? You probably read that I am currently at Mayos and have completed my first week of the biofeedback class.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Jen » 12 Jun 2009, 16:07

Yes, it is the last part of August. I just wrote on your other thread!
Jen
King Fissure