I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: I have a Date for LSIS....I'm Scared!

Postby newmom » 29 Jan 2009, 17:58

We have 1yr paid maternity leave in Canada if you have met the requirements of enough hours worked. It's around 600 I believe?? I can't really remember.....but I'm so glad for it, I love being home with my baby. Although I do look forward to going back to see my patients and my co-workers. I'm a dental hygienist....I sit all day, goodness I'm soooo glad I had surgery! I'm only going back for 3 days a week. I'm quite happy with that!
The climate here in Canada where I am is pretty chilly!! We just got 25cms of snow yesterday...but I love it! My husband is an avid snowmobiler and we both love the outdoors summer and winter!
Gotta run, the baby calls!
newmom
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2009, 09:47

Thats a wicked system Image
This time is going to be extra special for the three of you :D
Beautiful photo of you and your wee cherub Image

Postby Corsi » 02 Feb 2009, 02:54

Tamara
Do you, or have you used any laxatives? If so, when are you planning to stop using them?
How are you?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby newmom » 02 Feb 2009, 11:39

Hi Corsica!
All is still wonderful with my bummy!! I still have some slight irritation at the incision site, very tiny amount of bleeding today. I had to look as I wanted to make sure it wasn't coming from the fissure site and it wasn't! Phew! And no pain!!
The only thing I take it Metamucil 2x daily. My CRS told me to stop all laxatives and softeners back in October when I first saw him. He only wants me on Metamucil and it works very well for me!
Well I'm off to a playdate with my little one. Talk to all soon!
Tamara Image
newmom
Salt Bather

Postby newmom » 06 Feb 2009, 15:19

Grrrrr!!!!! I just typed a huge reply and lost it! Darnit!
I'll start over.....So it's been 2.5 wks since surgery and it feels like forever ago! Things are still going wonderfully! So great that I've totally messed up my daughters sleep schedule....poor little muffin! We have been doing so much lately and I just want to enjoy life to the fullest! I also want to socialize my daughter with other babies so she's had a lot going on, especially since it was just her and me at home for so long while I was basically bed-ridden. I think it's good for her too???
I'm still taking metamucil 2x daily and have no intentions of stopping. It makes BM's very predictable and I like that! I eat a very high fiber diet and drinks tons of water, about 4L daily. I don't know if that is too much but my body seems to want that much and it makes me feel very healthy and hydrated...although I pee a lot! I do indulge, very little right now but that is also due to still breastfeeding. I've had about 2-3 glasses of wine since surgery, some spinach dip with multigrain tostitos, and some doritos. It hasn't seemed to make any difference. The occasional gas incontinence seems to be improving....it is not even an issue for me. The ones that get by me are silent, I don't even really worry about it.
I had a friend over this morning with her little girl and she was telling me about her bum issues, it's amazing how many people have problems but no one talks about it. She was telling me that she was having pain that was getting worse and one day she woke up with lots of bleeding, she went to the hospital and it was a thrombosed hemorrhoid that had broke. It turns out she had 5 more!! The doctor froze her and removed the remaining clots. My God did my heart go out to her! She had a wedding to attend that day and the freezing had come out by the time she had to go....I almost cried for her when she told me this story. I could totally relate!
I have a follow-up appt this coming Wed, I'm hoping all is going according to plan....things sure feel good!
I think about all of you often and pray that everyone who needs relief is going to get it!!!
Tamara Image
newmom
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 5 » 06 Feb 2009, 15:31

Yeah, Tamara, most people are squeamish about discussing their butt problems. It does appear that maternal hormonal fluctuations and delivery causes a tremendous amount of them, especially hemorrhoids. Empathy is a wonderful thing.
I subscribe to new research that dispels the old myth that people need 6/8/10 glasses of water a day. If you are peeing all the time, that's a sign you are getting too much, but I will say that if I drink extra water (for me that's *any* water beyond the fluids and foods I normally ingest) my skin looks much better. But I would never make myself endure 3 or 4 liters a day.
Also, you can get too much fiber...this will manifest itself in extra large, bulky stools or just larger than normal quantities of BM and if your tail is sore, who needs that. Just get the RDA and as much of that as possible from fruits and veggies (but you already know that!)
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 06 Feb 2009, 15:44

I love to read your story! Look how far you have come since surgery Image
I drink about the same amount as you through the day, and I pee like a drunk sailor Image
I have the same experience Tamara, when you speak to people about your butt issues so many either have problems themselves or know about others who have problems. It's like Lecia says, it's so taboo :oops:
Everyone poops and so many have issues with it, but so few talk about it.
I use Lactulose during the day and Movicol in the evening, I HATE using Movicol. I am so afraid it destroys/has destroyed my digestion... After surgery I will stop and only use Lactulose I think.
Hope your appointment goes well. Continue to enjoy life with your family...
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Guest » 07 Feb 2009, 06:33

Kicking ass Tamara Image
Your thread rocks ! Image

Postby cherylk » 07 Feb 2009, 14:07

Corsi, Tamara, et. al.,
I shared with my gf when I took her to the airport about my AF, and I told her that I bet she had never b/4 heard of that. Wrong! She said her former BIL had one several years ago. Like you say, it is something that people don't usually discuss, unfortunately.
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 11 Feb 2009, 13:09

Hi Tamara :D
How are you ? Do you have a follow up appointment soon ?