Hello!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello!

Postby Jen » 07 Mar 2009, 11:27

KerrBear -
Did your doctor tell you why you need to stop running? I am a runner and I can't imagine not running for the rest of my life!
Also, you mentioned you started having butt problems with your first baby. Where your other pregnancy's bad too? I got my fissure with my first baby and I am afraid to have more babies. I had LIS 6 months ago & it helped alot, but things act up every now and again still. Did you have a vag delivery or c-section?
Did your doctor tell you that you will be staying overnight in the hospital? Best of luck! Please keep us all updated on how your doing!
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby cherylk » 07 Mar 2009, 16:20

KerrBear,
You might try Tai Chi also which I have been doing for several weeks now (not strenuous).
Cheryl
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Hey Again

Postby KerrBear » 07 Mar 2009, 18:18

Jen- when I run the fissure gets worse. I have tested my theory many times and each time I take up running again it gets worse. It must be the pressure. Also- lifting weights did the same thing. So by the doctor telling me that also makes me think it is a pressure issue.
Also- I had another child 6 years ago and I cannot remember if it was bad or not then. I had both kids by c-sect. They were really big babies. Looking back I am not sure that it was the pregnancy that caused the fissure. It was over 12 years ago.
Anyways- I am ready to get it over with! Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Postby Guest » 07 Mar 2009, 19:38

I know I can't do running or weigh lifting anymore. It puts way too much pressure on my rectum which is what "birthed" all of my anal problems. I noticed on days when I was more active the fissure hurt more from the friction. I am finally to the point where I can walk and do pilates but I doubt I will be the athlete I once was. But things change and we find ways around them. Your own body is a great source of resistance for stregthening.
Good luck with your surgery. I know you will be glad when it is over. This kind of pain is the worst.

Postby Corsi » 08 Mar 2009, 07:03

Spasm should be the best indication that LIS will help you, I really hope 2nd LIS will do the trick for you.
12 years is a long time! Have BMs been painful all these years? Painlevel during the day?
Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby Deleted User 5 » 09 Mar 2009, 10:12

Yoga should do wonders for your overall health!
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 11 Mar 2009, 22:22

Oh geeeeeezzzz Image - I just discovered this post - I am sorry Keer that I'm totally late Image with the info, I wish you best of luck with your surgery and I can now just say one thing - your surgeon must have been VERY good since most shy away from anal flap since it requires sophisticated "maneuvers" and it is very finicky procedure ! They use part of the anal skin, cut it and "flip" inside the anus to cover the laceration. Usually they can use part of a skin-tag if present. You will most likely stay in the hospital and be on IV feeding to give graft a chance "to take" and pain and recovery should not be any worse than with any other "fissure fixing procedure". My only concern is that your anal pressure is sooo high and that he chose anal-flap over second LIS Image . Hmmmmm... BUT - lets now concentrate on healing Image - and may your butt heal completely and forever after very expensive Image and rare makeover :paddysmiley1: Image :paddysmiley1: !!!
Let us know how are you doing ASAP : ))))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 12 Mar 2009, 08:17

LIS NO2 and anal-flap procedure Image
Hope you are doing good Kerrbear Image

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Mar 2009, 19:59

Ooooooooh, I seeeee Image Cool combo :paddysmiley2: !!! I am sure this time around Kerre's butt will succumb Image , and be NICE !!!!! Sometimes butts need to feel the taste of "their own medicine" LOL to stop torturing us , I guess - they hurt us - we hurt them back - there Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby KerrBear » 13 Mar 2009, 11:08

That's funnny!! Butt is feeling much better today! Image
KerrBear
Salt Bather

Topics: 3