Hello.....

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: Hello.....

Postby cherylk » 29 Mar 2010, 07:10

Maybe one of those options will work for you. I'm sorry you have the probs, but am happy you are on our board. Did you see my post about the high speed train from London to Paris????
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby jman11 » 29 Mar 2010, 08:55

Diltiazem works great in relaxing all those muscles back there, but I have been using it for over 3 months now and I think it's either starting to lose its effect or its causing inflammation back there. It DOES help though, I just wish it would cure this awful thing!
Diet, baths, and Diltiazem is really all I'm doing at this point and it keeps the pain at bay, but that really isn't enough at this point.
jman11
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby StevePain » 29 Mar 2010, 12:22

I've been using Diltiazem for about 3 weeks now (it's my last chance before the op).. It seems to be doing something down there but not totally solving the problem, as jman says, it does help but is not curing the problem as I would of liked, doing the diet is helping too but it's such a drag and frankly, quite depressing :(
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby mmb0423 » 29 Mar 2010, 21:15

I've been using the Diltiazem for 6 weeks and after 2 weeks things started feeling a little better, and then after 3 weeks I was feeling tons better! I went to the doctor after a month and he said everything was healing nicely. It's been another 2 weeks and still feeling great back there! I've been keeping up on my diet, water, stool softeners, etc. I want this thing healed for good!!
mmb0423
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby Fissulyna » 29 Mar 2010, 22:22

Did anybody ever checked your incised tissue for the inflammation - proctitis or Chrons that is located just in the anal area ??? : (((
To be honest I never heard of a person with so manny fissures - 6 at one point : (((.Multiple fissures are almost always sign of underlying cause of auto-immune origin :( !!!
Maybe your vaccine actually caused some inflammatory reaction in your body !!! I would ask them to do a biopsy if they never did and if nothing else put you on real anti-inflammatory rectal medication like Canasa :roll:
Please read story of the Berhnard (Berna ...) - Cheryl - can you please find the link and post it for the Dino !!!!???
Do not ever give up - ask for the second , third, fourth opinion until they help you !!!!!!
I am wishing you the best of luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby DinoDevine » 30 Mar 2010, 06:23

jman11 wrote:Diltiazem works great in relaxing all those muscles back there, but I have been using it for over 3 months now and I think it's either starting to lose its effect or its causing inflammation back there. It DOES help though, I just wish it would cure this awful thing!
Diet, baths, and Diltiazem is really all I'm doing at this point and it keeps the pain at bay, but that really isn't enough at this point.

Aww, Thank you for the advice. Hope yours heals it self soon :)
I noticed that with the stuff I was given before, tends to loose effect after a month or two :(
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby DinoDevine » 30 Mar 2010, 06:26

StevePain wrote:I've been using Diltiazem for about 3 weeks now (it's my last chance before the op).. It seems to be doing something down there but not totally solving the problem, as jman says, it does help but is not curing the problem as I would of liked, doing the diet is helping too but it's such a drag and frankly, quite depressing :(

Aww....I really hope you dont have to have the operation. Though I suspect that you may have to :(
I found it very hard to keep to the strict diet given and I would say it definitively makes you depressed somewhat :(
Fortunately, my girlfriend is a buzz with Energy and Fun so she keeps me Happy :) She knows how to make me laugh and smile at all her little reactions....:)
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Postby DinoDevine » 30 Mar 2010, 06:27

mmb0423 wrote:I've been using the Diltiazem for 6 weeks and after 2 weeks things started feeling a little better, and then after 3 weeks I was feeling tons better! I went to the doctor after a month and he said everything was healing nicely. It's been another 2 weeks and still feeling great back there! I've been keeping up on my diet, water, stool softeners, etc. I want this thing healed for good!!

Awww....Thats fantastic news :)
Hopefully, I and Many Others on here will have the same fortune :)
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Postby DinoDevine » 30 Mar 2010, 06:32

Fissulyna wrote:Did anybody ever checked your incised tissue for the inflammation - proctitis or Chrons that is located just in the anal area ??? : (((
To be honest I never heard of a person with so manny fissures - 6 at one point : (((.Multiple fissures are almost always sign of underlying cause of auto-immune origin :( !!!
Maybe your vaccine actually caused some inflammatory reaction in your body !!! I would ask them to do a biopsy if they never did and if nothing else put you on real anti-inflammatory rectal medication like Canasa :roll:
Please read story of the Berhnard (Berna ...) - Cheryl - can you please find the link and post it for the Dino !!!!???
Do not ever give up - ask for the second , third, fourth opinion until they help you !!!!!!
I am wishing you the best of luck Image

Hi,
I dont believe anybody I saw did check :( Though Im beginning to wish they had now :(
I know. I couldnt believe when the Surgeon came and told me just how many there was! Oooooh Dear - I think I had better Google that :(
My Doctor and Surgeon have never come across they say a Patient so Young with so many Fissures.
Thats quite a high possibility that it could of done. I could certainly ask as I dont believe they took one.
Aww - Okay as soon as I have the link or find it, I shall read it :)
Awww :) Thank you, I shall do that. Im fortunate to have a really good GP and Medical Team who are exploring every avenue to try and solve this :)
Awww :) Thank you again and you too :)
Jason
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict

Postby DinoDevine » 30 Mar 2010, 06:33

cherylk wrote:Maybe one of those options will work for you. I'm sorry you have the probs, but am happy you are on our board. Did you see my post about the high speed train from London to Paris????

I hope so :) Dont really like the idea of having to live with this permanently :(
Aww, Im happy to be a part of the board :)
I did Yup :)
DinoDevine
Fibre Addict