Done with the surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Done with the surgery

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2007, 12:08

yeah im doing good the nurse had called my cell phone and asked if i was ok, I didnt call her back, but how long should I give it for a bm??? Am I gonna be in trouble and will it rip me open???

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2007, 12:09

oh yeah I am taking miralx and colace twice per day

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Apr 2007, 12:57

Good luck today, Noelle!
Yes, you should have had a bm by now. You need to call your doctor -- even though if he is like mine it will be fleets/ laxatives or both. A runny BM right now will burn you, but you need to get you system going again..
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Apr 2007, 13:54

Yeah, definitely check with your doctor just to make sure you are on track. That is good you are doing what you can to keep it soft though.
Chat with you soon,
Lecia

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2007, 14:57

Lecia how do you get your pic to keep changing like that?? It is wonderful!!! I would post mine but I am not so photogenic.

Postby Guest » 24 Apr 2007, 15:04

You should post one Noelle! You can save it on your computer and when you go to the avatar page just hit browse and go to where you have the photo stored and hit save.
Be brave-I am sure you are gorgeous!
Kim and I are monkeying around with our anal fissure props and being goofballs. You can post a serious one or join in and be creative!
Lecia

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 08:37

Still no movement. Tried to call the surgeon's nurse-no responses---I am getting worried I am impacted-Is it ok to use an enema or will that hurt me inside?? I am feeling desperation set in-and I am very uncomfortable with pain spreading to my back. I've tried to locate something on the net about this but nothing about it!!

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 08:41

Well, it might come down to using an enema. I would check with the doctor first just to make sure though. They have child size enemas that you may want to try first because it has a smaller tip and would be less invasive.
Are you cramped up and bloated? Have you lost your appetite? I would let the nurse or office manager know that this is urgent. How many days since you have had a BM now?
Are you at work? Did you say your work at a hospital?

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 09:01

Yeah I am at work..I work for a health care system not at a clinic or hospital..It has been a week now since the surgery and still nothing! im getting a lot of gas pains in my back and chest...still somewhat hungry, stomach is kind of upset! I will give it a call this afternoon, I just don't want them to treat me like a big whimp.

Postby Guest » 26 Apr 2007, 09:20

You are not being a wimp, Noelle! I will call them if you want me to! It is not normal for you to go this long without going to the bathroom. Let them know how long it has been and you need a call back right away because you are in pain and you will go to the ER for care if they can't see you.
I am worried about you! Is there anyone at work that know what you are going through?