Post LIS

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Post LIS

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2011, 14:27

Hi Sovel,
My fissure was cauterized with my LIS 8 months ago. It helps smooth the edges of a chronic fissure that has scar tissue. Mine healed quite well after my procedure. Some have had fissurectomies to do this but from what I have read, that is a much harsher and rougher recovery to do this.
I have never heard of it after either LIS either. Image

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2011, 14:38

Hi Dawn, Sorry, I'm still a bit confused. Is it operation procedure? Did you have it during the LIS or after it? Does it requires anesthesia? I think yes....
I remember, my surgeon told me, he just did the LIS and cut the edges of the fissure during operation, but he never mentioned about cauterization after LIS.

Postby Guest » 06 Jul 2011, 14:41

Yes, I just skipped you last sentence. You had it with your LIS. So, maybe I also had it and and this is what my doctor told - "cut the edges of the fissure"

Postby happyass » 06 Jul 2011, 14:49

hi sovel,
i had that too....the cauterization of the edges during my LIS, or a "skin cleaning" as my CRS put it.
happy
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 07 Jul 2011, 12:27

Hey Sovel,
It was with my LIS and under sedation. You may have had a fissurectomy, which could have put a whole new spin on why your are healing slowly. Many heal much slower with the fissurectomy. From my understanding they are basically make you a new fissure when they cut there. I may be wrong?!

Postby dexterdude » 07 Jul 2011, 13:06

Well actually they cut the fissure out from under it. What results is a LARGE wound, at least outside (for me it's about 2 hours large on the "clock"). When I looked at some fissurectomy pics before my op I thought, no way, this guy also had something else. Well, now I don't think that anymore :)
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3