Back from surgery!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Back from surgery!

Postby andy1505 » 17 Jun 2011, 07:24

Thanks Val, that's another thing to look out for!!!
I am getting my head around the surgery on Tuesday, i will be so nice to sit down and stay sat down without any pain / discomfort!!!
Will let you know how i get on
Andy
andy1505
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Jun 2011, 08:00

Hey Val - how're you doing today? I hope you got a good sleep and that you are having a good day without too much pain or discomfort. Image
Deleted User 579

Postby val » 17 Jun 2011, 10:19

Glad you're coming to terms with the surgery Andy - you'll be fine, and it will be a great relief once it's over. I wish you all the best for tuesday. Image
Hi Hope - well, today I actually feel worse than yesterday - all weak and wobbly! I'm sure that will wear off though. The pain after BM is a bit eye-watering, Image and it stays really painful for a good few hours but once it wears off it's not too bad.
How are you feeling today, are the antibiotics doing any good? I hope the infection is calming down. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 579 » 17 Jun 2011, 11:26

I'm so sorry you're in pain, Val Image
Do you have any meds to help with the pain? I really hope that goes away soon. From what others have posted about their experiences, the pain doesn't seem to last long, typically. Was that your experience before? Soon, very soon, BMs won't hurt!
Being weak and wobbly certainly sounds familiar! Be careful with yourself, you don't want to pass out like me! That's always a drag. I hope you are getting lots of help moving around and that you are being pampered very nicely.
The infection seems to be settling down. I'm really looking forward to seeing the surgeon on Monday. At this point, my anxiety level would go down quite a bit if I just had a sense of what is going on. But, the area is not as swollen or painful and the little bump is smaller than the top part of the head of a Q-tip. I'm just taking it easy today.
Hang in there, Val - the pain will diminish very soon and you will be feeling better as each day passes!
Deleted User 579

Postby Guest » 17 Jun 2011, 11:35

Val,
I hope your days get better soon. You have been through a lot. Take care of yourself, get plenty of rest and eat well. I'm sure your body is weak. Hang in there:) Image

Postby val » 17 Jun 2011, 12:06

I have the tramadol, but it makes me spaced out so just been using paracetamol. Image Yes, I think it was the same before, and I had stitches before so it was possibly worse - ahh, isn't it nice that time makes us forget the pain!!
Wow, that's great the infection has settled so quickly - that's absolutely great news. Image I hope your surgeon can put your mind at rest on monday and give you the all clear. Image
Thanks Dawn, yes, I'm definitely getting lots of rest - but totally scared of eating anything but soup! I look at everything in a completely different way at the moment - not what it looks like to eat, but how it might feel coming out! Image

val
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 20 Jun 2011, 10:10

How are you doing Val? Are you feeling any better?
I was just reading in the other post you made in Steve's thread about all the re-tears you have experienced. Did anyone give you an explanation why?

Postby dexterdude » 20 Jun 2011, 10:23

Sorry you're still in pain. Once i find out what's the stronger than tramadol painkiller they will give i'll post, maybe you can get it too
dexterdude
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby val » 20 Jun 2011, 11:44

Hi Dawn,
no, there's never been any reason - I think I just have thin skin maybe! I bleed all over the place from a simple paper cut!
The pain isn't too bad today, but only after taking the tramadol. BMs are traumatising, but that's to be expected! The pain afterwards is that awful stinging ache, rather like fissure pain - well,it is fissure pain really, I suppose, seeing as they've cut a chunk out of my ass! LOL!
Thanks Dexter, it would be nice to have something stronger. Although we don't want to go along the route of having any morphine based drugs - very constipating!
val
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 579 » 20 Jun 2011, 12:10

Hey Val - I'm so sorry the BMs are still painful and traumatizing. I hope that they get better very soon. Are you ok the rest of the time? Are you able to rest and maybe get some good sleep or watch a movie? Image
Sending you big hugs - hang in there, it will get better soon!
Deleted User 579