Hello

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Hello

Postby kat34 » 22 Oct 2011, 14:11

Hi.
I am writing because my husband has been experiencing what he calls internal fissures for many years. He is 35 and says it started in his early 20s. Most of the pain he feels is internally. He has times when it is really bad and times when it is more tolerable. A few years ago, it was bad and I convinced him to go to the Dr. He had a colonoscopy and the results of that were great. They advised a change in diet and sent us on our way. But, he is basically in some degree of pain all of the time. When he goes to the bathroom, he says it hurts his "insides" as well as.. well outside. He does not talk too much about it, doesn't want to worry me. He won't consider going to see another Dr. Because, "last time I did that, all it did was cost me $500". I will look through the boards and hope to get some good tips. Any advice you could give me though is greatly appreciated!!
kat34

Topics: 1

Re: Hello

Postby jenny2 » 22 Oct 2011, 15:12

my husband is the same way doesnt want to go to the doctor ever. most of the time i have to force him to go and make the appt for him. grr. i really dont think with having fissures that long that your husband is going to get better with out going to a colon and rectal surgeon. a md or gp usually dont know how to deal with fissures and most of the times they will misdiagnosis them as something else. i went to er room and md and both of them told me hemmroids before i took it upon myself to go to a colon rectal doctor. hope you can get your husband to agree to go to a crs.
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby TonyStone » 22 Oct 2011, 16:58

To not be in pain is money well spent.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14

Postby dwarfs8 » 23 Oct 2011, 18:53

Try to convince him to fix his pains for the good of the marriage and family... That it pains u to c him in pain
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby kat34 » 24 Oct 2011, 06:23

Thanks for the replies! I think that if he knew he could see a Dr. that could help/give him answers, he would. He was just referring to the last Dr. he saw that sent him in for a colonoscopy and since that all looked fine, they really offered no answers and he saw it as a waste of time. But, I will look into the suggestion of a colon and rectal surgeon. Hopefully, he will find some help that way.
Thanks so much again!
Kat
kat34

Topics: 1

Postby TonyStone » 24 Oct 2011, 06:54

Find the best CRS you can, I have had this pain on and off since 2005 and it is UN bearable at times. This last flare up cost me a month with my family. Since surgery I have got my life back. At one point I thought I would be stuck in my room the rest of my life. Colonoscopy checks your colon, that elimates things like cancer. If its a fissure they need to check near the entrance. Or exit.
TonyStone
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 14