Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby Savaici » 27 Jan 2012, 07:37

It is not always so easy to get an appointment in the US...I had to wait nearly four months to get an appointment with the CRS that I saw in Boston. I think it depends where you live.
Sorry Sue that you're having to wait so long. No way of getting a cancellation is there, putting your name down? I have done that here (I'm from the UK but live in the US), and it sometimes works. Not sure how that works in the UK (I lived in Denmark before I came here, so don't have much experience of the NHS). It is b@##dy awful having to wait when you had an appointment made to be in a specific time for a specific reason.
Do hope that you are feeling better today! This whole AF and so on thing is just awful!!!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Sue27uk » 01 Feb 2012, 13:15

Aw thank you everyone for the support - granny maria, sweet bugaboo, working on it, PITA and savaici. My conclusion is that the fissure has improved but not gone and pain builds up as my week goes on. I rest at the weekend and it eases. I am back on the rectogesic twice a day and this seems to be keeping it calmed, going to my GP on Friday (about something else) so going to ask for an opinion then. I'm tempted to go private now as I really want my life back!
PITA, I had my botox done on the 21st November. I re-tore right after they did it but the muscle stopped spasming after about a week and a half. Felt no spasms until 2 weeks ago and thats when I started the rectogesic again to keep things calmed down. I don't think I had many units of botox injected, they said the fissures were like 2 scratches (thats until I re-tore!).
I'm just feeling a bit frustrated as I can't drive without getting spasms, and work is a bit miserable when the pain starts. I rang up the hospital and they said they can't move the appointment, so it looks like paying may be the only way to speed things up.
Hope you are all feeling ok and not doing too bad :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby andyk123 » 03 Feb 2012, 14:36

Sue i cant believe they have pushed your check up so far back. If i were you i would write a written complaint. they should not be leaving you that long with out a check, especially seeing as though you havent healed. i cant believe the nhs some times.
im sorry to hear that the botox hasnt work, but things definately do seem better for you than they were. hopefully things are definately going in the right direction.
i am scheduled for botox for the 6th of march now. havent had a tear in i think 3 weeks now, so i am definately due one!!!!!!
dont go private with out pushing the nhs first. you are more than entitled to complain after being left that long.
hope you are coping ok!
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 04 Feb 2012, 11:04

Aw thanks Andy. I have actually had a day with no pain which is the first! So I remain hopeful that it will heal now with the cream. I haven't decided whether to go private or not as things have improved but we shall see. I am definitely contacting PALS to see what they say, though I feel a bit silly after being so good today. Good news is I got to see the GP in my practice who seems the best (after a 2 weeks wait!), and he discussed going private. Gave me a balanced view, told me it was a personal not clinical decision. I asked him who he'd send me to, and he gave me a name with no hesitation, someone he knows personally who he says is really good. He said if I decide to go down that route then to let him know and he will do the referral straight away. What a difference to the other doctor who was making it impossible!!! Kind of gave me some faith back in the docs. I am coping alright, can't remember if I said but I'm off my tablets (St Johns Wort) and been discharged from my counsellor. Feel more able to cope on my own and find that I feel more like myself than in a long time. More positive and able to cope with things when they happen. I daren't say this but not had a proper big re-tear since just after having the botox which is 2 and a half months - I live in hope! May be false hope but who knows!
Good luck for the 6th March, let me know how it goes. You will be fine and I'm sure it will work for you as you seem to go longer between re-tears than i do. It has definitely helped me to improve in the long run, even if it hasn't completely gone so I hope it does the same for you. My GP said it was fine to continue with the cream for now whilst I make my decision and it seems to be working again so your CRS may say to do that aswell. One good thing is I have my dermatology appointment on 12th March so that other problem will hopefully get sorted soon. Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby workingonit » 04 Feb 2012, 12:01

Hey Sue,
So glad things are looking up for you. That's awesome, and I am of course touching wood as I say this ; )
It is so great to find a doctor who is compassionate!!
You deserve it!
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Davo » 06 Mar 2012, 06:07

Hi Sue27uk,
Not seen you about in a few days - how are you feeling now? Did you decide to go private in the end or have any luck with the NHS?
andyk123,
Its probably a bit late now but just in case you read this, best of luck with your Botox injections today
Davo
Davo

Topics: 42

Postby andyk123 » 06 Mar 2012, 07:38

Thanks davo. Just got back. Bit of pain, but local anaesthetic still not worn off. Apparantly my fissure healing but not healed. Fingers crossed it works!
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby andyk123 » 06 Mar 2012, 07:42

Sue, did you have any bleeding straight afterwards? I dabbed it before and therea a bit of blood..nervous about my first bm. Also quite worried about incontinence. Was tht an issue?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby workingonit » 06 Mar 2012, 09:54

congrats on the botox Andy!
I am thinking that's the next step for myself as well.
I'm not worried about incontinence. It's more of a worry that I will never heal.
Cheers,
Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Sue27uk » 06 Mar 2012, 12:08

No no luck Davo with the NHS as yet. I am hanging on as long as possible to see if I can go to the NHS appointment but if not I am going private. I think I want a second opinion anyway. Had 3 or 4 days with just twinges which has never happenend before so started to feel a bit better, then along comes my time of the month and bam its sore again. So not sure what to do, still thinking! But I know this will pass. Yes Andy I had a small amount of blood. After my first bm I had alot of pain but it's because I re-tore, therefore bled for 3 weeks which had never happened before. The only advice I can give you is DO NOT STRAIN in the slightest! Even if you feel like it, just drink loads of water and keep taking the stool softeners and use cotton wool to dab (I used slightly damp cotton wool). It took me 2 and a half days before I had my first bm. Good luck with it all, if you want to ask anything else let me know. I never had any incontinence issues at all, you will be fine. Glad to hear you are healing :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist