Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby Sue27uk » 21 Nov 2011, 11:54

Not sure if this should be in the surgery section but here goes, depends on where you are I suppose! Arrived at hospital at 8am, was shown to a bed. The anesthetist (yes I'm in the UK!) came to speak to me, and the nurses and docs came to take details etc. I was taken down at 20 past 10 and given general anaesthetic, woke up at half 11 and taken back to the ward and by 12 was wide awake and ready to go. As I'd had general, they kept me there until 2 but now been back home a while and taking it easy. Bit of a dull ache and discomfort but nothing too major. One question, when you've had it done it says no wiping, does this include baby wipes? I do have a bidet and shower so can use that instead, but never just used these alone, have always used baby wipes. Anyway, glad its done and fingers crossed it works! As they did a thorough examination, I have found out I have 2 fissures, one at 6 o' clock and and one at 10 o' clock. The CRS says they are superficial, and just like a scratch so as I thought they must be beginning to heal. Image I'm so happy and remaining hopeful that this will work, especially as I will stick to what I was doing before even more. If I have to have one more botox then I will, it wasn't too bad. But will see how it goes with one go first. I will update this more in the future to let you all know how it's going :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Re: Botox done today.....fingers crossed!

Postby jenny2 » 21 Nov 2011, 12:47

Sue, i am glad you are done and that you are not in any major pain after the botox. i hope that this procedure works for you.. keep us updated how you are feeling in the days to come, seems like most everyone has lis on here and i am curious on how botox works to heal a fissure....
jenny2
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 35

Postby sputnik » 21 Nov 2011, 15:19

sue i'm so happy for you, i like reading the success stories as they give you hope. I was wondering, did you have skin tags on your fissures
sputnik
Salt Bather

Topics: 26

Postby Sue27uk » 22 Nov 2011, 04:08

I must admit, I am a bit sore today on the injection sites but nothing compared to the pain of the fissure I have had. I was told botox stops the spasms, so allows healing. Similar to LIS really except its not permanent and as my fissures are like scratches it seems like this was the best option in the first instance. Sputnik, no one mentioned skin tags to me, I don't think I have ever had those. I hope this is a success story, the botox may be just enough to help healing completely :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby andyk123 » 22 Nov 2011, 16:21

sue that is great news! glad it went well, i have to admit it has eased any worries i had about it, and im going to at least give botox a try! sounds like your on the road to recovery
have you noticed the muscle relaxing at all yet?
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Sue27uk » 26 Nov 2011, 11:38

Hey Andy, thought I would update you. It's best to be honest with you, I have had alot of pain this week. I have also had quite alot of bleeding which I have never had before and hospital sent me to the docs for a check up. Good news is I don't have an infection or anything but it appears that after having trouble with my first bm since the injections, I have retorn my fissures again and am having as much pain as back in June. I'm hoping this will get better, but am starting to wish that I had not had the botox and carried on with the cream etc as this seemed to be working. Good news is the muscle has stopped spasming but as the fissures have retorn I have a long road to recovery. I must admit I am not prepared to have this done again and would insist on surgery next time. Rather go through this once than do this every 3 months!! If they won't do it I'd rather live how I was before and suffer a retear every 3-4 weeks rather than this. I don't want to put you off as I have looked on here and other people's experiences of botox do not seem to be like mine. I will keep you updated in a week or so if things have improved. Got to admit its nice not to have the spasms, just not nice to be in alot of pain again!! Hopefully they will heal quickly due to the botox. Maybe you have to go through pain to gain full recovery :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Nov 2011, 03:53

Quick update, no bleeding this morning at all. Pain on the fissure sites when having bm, but not much pain after at all. Maybe things are improving again, maybe the botox will work! I live in hope! Beginning to think I shouldn't have gone back to work so quickly and should have rested up a bit like yesterday :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby dwarfs8 » 27 Nov 2011, 08:13

Hi sue, don't be too disheartened! I understand ur pain and frustration! Did u eat something u shldnt which caused u to retear? If there's no spasms, I think ur retear shld be able to heal faster than before. Give it another month and see how it goes
dwarfs8
King Fissure

Topics: 19

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Nov 2011, 12:08

Thank you dwarf, its just a bit disheartening to be back where I started 6 months ago! Especially when they looked they said the fissures were only scratches. Well they were then, they're not now! I had a particularly hard bm after the injections as I hadn't had a bm for 3 days. I drank lots of water and ate sensibly. That's life i suppose. Thank s for your message, guess I was just pinning alot of my hopes on the botox :(
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby andyk123 » 27 Nov 2011, 16:31

sue im sorry to hear that you had a retear. i wonder if it was the botox that caused it, or just the fact you didnt go for 3 days? im glad to hear that it sounds like its getting better and fingers crossed the botox is beneficial in the long run!!
i dont know if it would help you, but i only ever tear when its been a day of no bm. i usually go twice a day, and if i m doing this ive never torn. its always been when a day passes with no bm, and then the next day i tear. this only happens every few weeks but always leads to a retear. i ve been using glyceral suppositories for when this happens now. if a day has gone with no bm, i will put one up, and literly 5 mins later u go to the toilet. its not something to be used regularly, but could be something to consider once uve healed a bit, if u ever go a period with no bowel movements again?
my mum spoke to the man whos going my botox injectiond the other day. he told her that for a week it can be quite painful, with some leakage, but he sounded confident that it does work eeventually and does allow them to heal.
its still early days! fingers crossed for you.
andyk123
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12