New here! / 38 F / 1Baby / Botox / Questions

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New here! / 38 F / 1Baby / Botox / Questions

Postby anotherbaby? » 27 Feb 2012, 16:04

Hi all. I'm new here and probably waited too long to look for a support group and join.
Me
38yrs old. Female. I've lost weight during this process, and don't want to lose more. Used to exercise ALOT, but haven't done anything since this started, actually since I got pregnant. I am vehemently opposed to/scared of anything that is habit-forming. I'm looking for others like myself.
Questions
- Have any females tried a 2nd pregnancy after chronic fissure?
- Have any females here done LIS and what is your story?
- Anyone out there had a 2nd Botox done? How long did your 1st Botox treatment last? I've heard anywhere from 3-8months?
- Has anyone truly had success with increased exercise? What are you specifically doing and which muscles are you targeting?
History
- Suffering for 18months now.
- Gave birth & started breastfeeding in May 2010.
- Anal Fissure July 2010. Severe...ie down to muscle.
- Diltiazem for 6wks with full healing...then ate a (mis)steak and tore. SEVERE itching resulted by end of usage.
- Silver Nitrate used twice to caulderize the fissure in fall 2010. Intolerable cruelty!
- Changed CRS Dec 2010
- New CRS introduced me to prunes and Calmol. Ahhhh. Told me to come back once I'm done breastfeeding. I waited too long...
- Returned to new CRS Sep 2011 with tear and severe spasming. Got Nifedipine.
- Tried valium, at night only, starting Dec 2011
- Botox Jan 2012.
Current/Past Diet & Meds (In a constant state of ramping up or down on the below)
- 1 serving frosted mini wheats every morning (6g fiber)
- 2 100mg Colace
- 1 Calmol suppository after every BM
- 12 prunes/day(divided evenly throughout my meals)
- 1 Fiber1 bar(9g fiber) during the day.
- 12oz Metamucil
- 1 5mg Valium
- Water. I don't count the number of oz anymore.
Off-Limit Foods
- Beef
- Tunafish
- Bananas
- Sushi/rice
Botox
- According to my CRS, it was a great success. Full relaxation. For the first 2 weeks I worked from my house so I could handle the urgency/incontinence issue. I was doing awesome until I started to wean off of my regimen.
- I'm starting my 8th week and had a terrible tear this weekend. What a setback. I'd been trying to wean from all the meds above and even got the "ok" to stop the prunes from my CRS, but a little inattention to my diet for a few days and "bam"! A few cookies, some caffeine, pasta, cheesecake, and no frosted mini wheats for a few days. ugh.
I look forward to a day when I can eat without analysis and poop without worry!
anotherbaby?

Topics: 1

Re: New here! / 38 F / 1Baby / Botox / Questions

Postby workingonit » 27 Feb 2012, 16:37

Hi AB,
I had this old listing bookmarked;
http://anal-fissure.org/t3678-new-to-the-pain#64621 (Bigbabyboy's part)
I don't know of anyone here who had another baby after LIS. I remember reading that one lady's CRS said she would probably have to have a cesarian after LIS, but something like that would definitely need a second opinion.
I walk a half hour to an hour a day up and down the hills in my neighbourhood. I am still not healed, but I know it is helping me. It helps my mood, as well as getting the blood going down there. I would be afraid to do anything more aggressive than this.
I don't think anyone who has had a chronic AF can ever be blase about diet again. We will all be fiber addicts for life. But that's probably a good thing. So eat your cheesecake, but only if you have your wheaties first! lol
I had a pile of questions for my CRS on wednesday, but got the call this morning that the appointment is now 3 weeks away. -sheesh I hate this-
When/if I ever see the guy again, I will ask about the second baby. But I do know there are several ladies here who had more than one baby after the initial AF. The AF would come back but then heal again.
But I'm sure we just don't get the ladies on the board here who's AF didn't come back...
Anyways, Welcome!!! :)
(but sorry you are here :roll: )
-Tanya
workingonit
VIP

Topics: 34

Postby Baba » 28 Feb 2012, 11:28

Oh dear, I can so put myself in your place when I got my first fissure. I remember nursing my baby and crying at the same time as the spasms were so severe!
I've had several fissures through the years, always healed with conservative measures, though once I did have a dilation, that only had a good effect for two weeks.
What I have learned from all this over the years is that you can never really relax on the diet once you are healed. Red meat is my enemy it seems, as well as cheese and all refined grains. The other night I cooked a nice steak for hubby, but I only had a couple of bites, yet I could notice it next day.
I too think gentle walks are good for the circulation. As is sitting on a heating pad - I'm sitting on one as I type this.
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby anotherbaby? » 11 Jun 2012, 09:50

I'm back for an update.
It's been 5 months since the botox surgery and my CRS says I'm healed. Life has changed for the better. A few months ago I thought I was tearing, but that was my head playing tricks on me. I worriedly ran to the CRS and she confirmed. With the help of the botox, I've now stopped obsessing over diet and my next trip to the restroom. If you have not tried the botox surgery, I would give it 2 resounding thumbs up! CRS told me at last visit that the botox was just now wearing off, so I do need to continue my maintenance plan for fear of any recurrance. I'm feeling hopeful for the future. I've even gained some weight. If you're wondering about incontinence, I can give an answer. It was rough in the beginning. I really needed to plan to be near a restroom during the day. I was not un-managable however. I did not have any embarrassing situations or circumstances. If you're not doing the botox becuase you're worried about embarrassment...don't worry. I can honestly say, I would never have recovered without the botox.
Current Diet & Meds (I continue to wean)
- 2 100mg Colace, sometimes.
- 1 Calmol suppository/day, at night
- up to 6 prunes/day
- I still do frosted mini wheats and Fiber1 bars, but only sometimes. Not every day, obsessively.
- I've learned that I need to be careful about diet around menstruation and ovulation due to hormone changes I'd never before noticed.
Off-Limit Foods
- Beef
- Tunafish
- Bananas
- I've added sushi back into my diet, but sparingly.
Will let you all know if I decide to go for a 2nd baby.
anotherbaby?

Topics: 1

Postby Baba » 11 Jun 2012, 10:21

Glad to hear things are going well for you! Image
They are for me too. But once having had this problem one always has to be on guard not to get constipated. I hope I've finally learned that lesson now. :D
Baba
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 3

Postby Ever the Optimist » 11 Jun 2012, 11:29

Hi,
Glad to hear that Botox has helped you so much and you sound like your confidence has picked up loads and you sound SO much happier. It was really inspiring to read....
It's so funny too because I noted that some of your "off-limit" foods are some of my "friends"!...I eat loads of tuna, bananas and rice (brown) and they have never caused issues...just goes to show how we all differ hey?...
Really good luck if you decide to go for your second baby. We are also really wanting another baby and if it happens it happens, despite the AF!! You just can't let it ruin your plans althought the thought to me is a bit scary too. I would definately consider a caesarian though!! Keep us updated and great news on your recovery xx
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again