Relief!!!! what WORKED for me!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Relief!!!! what WORKED for me!

Postby 10yrsofpain » 30 May 2012, 06:18

Hi, i became a member of this forum about 3 weeks ago, at the time i was suffering really bad from pain and itching after every BM.
after doing some looking around on this site and taking bits and parts from the members remedies, i wanted to share what worked for me.
1. LOTS and LOTS of water. ( esp if you take fiber like i do) .
2. Fiber supplement, about 15-20 grams a day ( w LOTS of water)
3. good diet. fruits, veggies, brown rice, nuts,
4. exercise- as many of you may experience, its hard to even walk sometimes with the pain. i wake up early before i have a BM and run 1-2 miles. i have found this gets the blood flowing which helps heal the fissure and provides some pain relief.
5.vaseline to lubricate and protect the cuts or tears, before and/or after a BM or sitz bath
6. Baby wipes- i have found that if you keep the area clean the pain is much less. i use non alcoholic (of course), hypoallergenic, soft baby wipes that are soft and don’t irritate the area.
7. sitz baths- hands down this helps heal the fissure by providing blood flow, and also helps with cleanliness. I feel much better after EVERY sitz bath.
I will say that in the past, after EVERY BM i would have pain, taht would last for hours on hours, i couldnt enjoy my life because i would have to stay at home seated after every BM.
I have been doing these few things for about 2-3 weeks and i can say that i have only had MINIMAL pain maybe 2-3 times since i started this. with diet, exercise, and hygiene improvements, i strongly believe my fissures are healing. May be TMI, but the reason i am writing this post is because i just took a BM and i am 100% pain free once again.
Hope this may help someone, i have been dealing with these things for over 10 years on and off... and i hope with this regiment i may stay pain free. please let me know if this works for you.
Happy Healing!
10yrsofpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Relief!!!! what WORKED for me!

Postby 3 years now » 01 Jun 2012, 09:00

Hi - glad to hear this - what kind of fiber supplement do you take?
3 years now
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Re: Relief!!!! what WORKED for me!

Postby 10yrsofpain » 05 Jun 2012, 07:59

benefiber
10yrsofpain
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3