Depressed about my condition !!???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Depressed about my condition !!???

Postby owmybum » 19 Jan 2013, 11:05

How are you doing NAKHTI???
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby NAKHTI » 19 Jan 2013, 12:33

I am doing ok, a little better now that I am taking magnesium for the first time. Still bleed a little bit though, but not as much as before! As for those thoughts, I haven't really thought them for a while now actually... Image
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby NAKHTI » 19 Jan 2013, 12:34

Thanks for asking by the way, I appreciate it... :)
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Postby Deleted User 1497 » 19 Jan 2013, 17:39

hey.......
i am also glad to hear you are doing better. a close friend of mine just ended their life. its gut wrenching. he left his note at my back gate for my husband. and a couple other notes for him, they were close friends. i found the note and put it on the counter it was in a sealed envelope.
its a heart wrenching thing to have to see happen. its painful for us now. your mind goes crazy, he avoided seeing me when he placed the note there, my head spins now that WHY did i not hear him.
so life is worth every moment we have. our lives need to be run by us, i can go on and on what this is doing to people, that are still here.
life is still full. living with an af is not a fair thing, as pain is the BIGGEST waste of time is how i feel, but this board is helpful to read and see others living, giving advice even tho they themselves are in pain.
just so glad that you are feeling better.
here is to good health both mentally and physical to us all here and those that have not yet discovered this board
hugs
Deleted User 1497

Postby NAKHTI » 20 Jan 2013, 06:15

I am sorry to hear that perfecteater, but thank you anyway tho for the kind words of encouragement... Image
NAKHTI
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 20 Jan 2013, 06:50

I am so sorry to hear that terrible news perfecteater, you must all be in great shock. You have my sincere sympathies.
OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby BillUltra » 20 Jan 2013, 13:56

Oh yes I've been there. At the worst of my fissure, I wanted to kill myself every single day for 6 weeks. The main thing was the feeling of hopelessness like it would NEVER heal and I would never be able to get my life back to normal. But through trial and error and the help of this forum, I WAS able to heal. Please check out what worked for me:
http://anal-fissure.org/t4752-what-worked-for-me-what-didn-t-work
I have been healed since May 2012 and I STILL stay on this diet. I do not want to be like these many members coming back with re-tears.
BillUltra
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 19

Postby GGky1959 » 23 Jan 2013, 14:22

Suicide thoughts? Yesterday, I was in so much pain after my morning BM, I spent the whole day, the entire day crying my eyes out wishing I was dead....that's how painful this thing is. Mine hurt so bad, its like crapping out razor blades and then after your done wiping up the blood, the mess.....you have to spend the rest of your day......waiting for you bum to calm down and go back to normal.....suicide....you better believe I've thought about it, time and time again, and I've only been dealing with this for 2 months.....just the thought of years of this or more months of this.....I just can't even phantom the notion. Never in a zillion years did I think this thing would go this bad....to hear my doctor talk about it, its like its no big deal?????????????????????????????
Lets all just hang in here together and hope for the best...the people here are priceless.
GGky1959
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby dangading » 26 Jan 2013, 13:42

Hell yeah I've had suicidal thoughts! This f***king fissure has turned my life upside down. I'm not going to kill myself. I just want you to know that you're not alone. No if you'll excuse me, I'm going to go pass glass. Just kidding. My condition has actually improved lately with diltiazem, miralax, no binding foods, sitzbaths, horsechestnut, 2 tablespoons of coconut oil orally before bed.
Dangading
dangading
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby cherylk » 26 Jan 2013, 19:48

dangading wrote:Lets all just hang in here together and hope for the best...the people here are priceless.
Dangading

Yes, totally agree!! I would try to get on an A/D ASAP--one of those can help a lot with the mental anguish. An AF can be some of the very WORST pain one could ever imagine. Consequently, it is not surprising to affect our psyche in a very detrimental way. Chronic pain is depressing--whether it's MS, AF, IBS, or whatever. We need to have less stigma about mental difficulties. We do not think badly if a person is suffering from bronchitis or pneumonia. Mental problems are just a part of life, and unfortunately, there continues to be a stigma to them.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46