fissure symptoms

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

fissure symptoms

Postby stupidanalfissure » 07 Jan 2013, 09:51

at first i had plenty of blood while going.
the bleeding has stopped and i have very little pain while going.
my pain comes after i go and last for hours. anyone else have this or advice?
i have the lidocane/nifidepine compound but it doesnt seem to work that well.
stupidanalfissure
Fibre Addict

Topics: 10

Re: fissure symptoms

Postby owowow » 07 Jan 2013, 11:03

hi stupid,
for me symptoms are vary variable. sometimes blood no pain. sometimes pain no blood. sometimes pain now. sometimes pain later. seems to go in stages of the same pattern for a few days and then a change...
i don't think what your describing is unusual. i've certainly had no bleeding but pain for several hours after. car journeys or prolonged sitting seem to bring it on.
i recommend a long soak in bath if possible. try to stay calm and positive :)
owowow
Salt Bather

Topics: 9

Postby ryrylou » 07 Jan 2013, 19:30

I had multiple times where it wasn't very painful during the BM, no blood, but then would have horrible pain for several hours afterwards. It was always a guessing game how it would be.
ryrylou
Salt Bather

Topics: 7

Postby sk22 » 14 Jan 2013, 17:29

Take a bath/shower! I have the same symptoms as you in regards to pain. Comes on after a bm and if I don't do anything it lasts hours and hours, I know how awful it is :(
Now it isn't so easy for me to take baths where I am in college dorms right now, so I just use the shower. Most people recommend baths though, but I found the HOT shower works just as well for me (you have to stand there and part your cheeks so the water gets in, TMI i know, but if you just stand there it really won't do anything). After every bm I immediately take a hot shower, and the pain greatly subsides. It doesn't go completely away sometimes, but it usually brings my pain down to just discomfort. The sooner you can get in the shower after a bm, the better. I try to go immediately. Buying a sitz bath would probably be really convenient now that I'm thinking about it, so you could try that too. Usually I'm in the shower for 10-20 minutes, but stay in as long as it takes to help the pain! I hope this helps!
sk22
Fibre Addict

Topics: 9