Care after surgery

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Care after surgery

Postby howtobepositive » 11 May 2013, 01:46

Hi All,
I am 10 days post op and though I am healing its rather slow Image
I was wondering if it is ok to use vaseline as is recommended in so many threads on this website, before a BM? I am still quite sore and tender down there and not sure if the cut is healed yet (the AF definitely isnt :roll: ) so Im not sure but my BM's are not getting under my control and sometimes I do push a little, also somedays I go 2 to 3 times as I suffer from IBS.
Also, for those of you who have gone through the LIS, did you guys continue to use the nitro/diltiazem after the surgery?
howtobepositive
Salt Bather

Topics: 20

Re: Care after surgery

Postby suzyljank » 11 May 2013, 09:21

Hi, I agree recovery is very slow. I'm two weeks post op from double advancement flap. I was told not to use Vaseline because it doesn't clean up easily. I was give a lidocaine ointment that comes off with water and I'm allowed to use like a diaper rash cream for soreness. You might try coconut oil too, it's all natural so it won't hurt you. I can't wait until I can use it again but because I have open donor sites I have to wait for them to heal before I can go back to it. I love coconut oil, it helps with itching and that burning feeling. I hope you recover soon and can put this pain and experience in the past. My prayers Suzy.
suzyljank

Topics: 23
Mood: very optimistic

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion