Third fistula surgery ....positivity?!

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Third fistula surgery ....positivity?!

Postby diamond2 » 25 Sep 2014, 11:54

Hi Everyone - It's been ages since I've been on here but just wanted to provide and update and let people know that there is light at the end of the tunnel. I am now as healed as I will ever be - I need to re-clean after a BM and very rarely there is a tiny amount of blood when I wipe. But all of that is trivial compared to what I was dealing with before. Now the big news - I am pregnant! So for those ladies out there who have had to put life plans on hold due to this ordeal, life will move on and get back to normal. It was planned but very happy it's happened as I had to put this on hold for about 4 years due to the fistula and surgeries. Hope you're all doing okay - feel free to reach out to me if you ever have any questions!
diamond2
Salt Bather

Postby Dewlilly » 25 Sep 2014, 12:17

Congrats diamond that's awesome news ... something good came out of all u have en through ... I too still Have to do a lil extra clean up after each bm but I have to admit they too get less and less .. not sure if maybe the muscles are strengthening more but the run off is not as heavy as it was in the beginning .. again congrats on the baby news :)
Dewlilly
Salt Bather

Topics: 1

Postby richibeno » 26 Sep 2014, 10:38

Wow congratulations diamond great news
Yes think we all in the same boat clean up once or twice after a bm
Think mines worse when IV been naughty and eaten rubbish
Had some spice tacos the other day and it felt bad for a couple of days '
Here's to a great future health and happiness
God bless
richibeno
VIP

Topics: 28

Postby owmybum » 26 Sep 2014, 14:26

Wow..... Amazing news all round diamond!!

All the best with your pregnancy!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby diamond2 » 16 Oct 2014, 12:15

Thank you all! Everyone on this website was an amazing support system, funny how we're all in different parts of the world but we've been able to help each other through this ordeal. It's interesting that the other pregnant ladies I chat with are all very concerned about hemorrhoids - and I feel like if that happens to me (common during pregnancy I hear), that's minor matters compared to three fistula surgeries!

Anyone that has questions - please feel free to reach out. I'm not on this site much anymore, but will respond when I can. And remember, you will get through this :)
diamond2
Salt Bather

Postby Manitourose » 21 Oct 2014, 07:08

So glad things are going well. I agree, this board has been so helpful. Truly a lifesaver for me because I feel so alone. I am intense clincials and the 2nd is worse than the first with a very unhelpful and condescending instructor. Bullying adds to stress and my body has gone bonkers again. I only wish we knew the true roots of these issues. I too want to be pregnant next year so all of your advice provides immense support!
Best wishes and keep updating!!
Manitourose

Topics: 14

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?