Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not

Postby knitter89 » 23 Aug 2013, 08:29

Hello, I'm just wondering if others have experienced what I'm experiencing.
So I have(?) a fissure (was diagnosed by a dr but after awhile on diltiazem she said it was healed). After awhile it came back from a hard BM, she told me that could happen and probably would. I have leftover ointment so I've been using it since (about five months now), because I'm scared to go off it. After a bit I'm pretty sure I've healed. No pain, no blood, and I can't feel it there. But then a couple weeks later, no pain, no blood, but I feel something, and when I look there is a fissure there. So my question is, does anyone else experience complete-like healing, than it comes back out of no where? But with no pain or anything?
Also, another random question...what do hemorrhoids feel like to the touch? Just curious.
Thank you.
knitter89
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Re: Sometimes it's there, sometimes it's not

Postby Guest » 24 Aug 2013, 11:56

Yep knitter89
The sometimes its there sometimes its not feeling is very common. And yes its easy for us to think that we are completely healed when theres absolutely no irritation down there.
But in reality healing times are much longer than we think. With even five months or so of no complication a healing fissure can quite easily reopen and perhaps this is what happened to you.
From my many re-tears I have found that it takes a good year of healing before your really out of the woods and ready to handle the occasional hard bm's.
But for the longest I was just like you; thinking I was healed than getting up from the toilet noticing blood, or self checking down there and seeing it plainly though theres no pain.
Moral of the story, keep our bm's soft for a very extended period of time so our bum can at least get back to close to 100%.
GL