Had seton put in Dec 5th and now I am concerned

fistulotomy and setons

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Had seton put in Dec 5th and now I am concerned

Postby tll » 25 Dec 2013, 21:34

Hello I had a seton put in on Dec 5 and it was doing really good my doctor looked at it 1 week ago and all was well now yesterday where the end of he fistula is on outside healed like doctor wanted it to except it is turning like a bluish color like before when I had the abscess. My fistula still drains some where the fistula started its a perineal or however its spelled that is where my seton is and my doctor is out of country visiting his daughter and I am not scheduled for a fistulotomy until Feb 4 anyone ever experience this before??
tll
Salt Bather

Topics: 3

Re: Had seton put in Dec 5th and now I am concerned

Postby carmona81 » 26 Dec 2013, 02:35

Wish I could help, maybe someone could help out at the office he works out of, my first crs bailed out on me and while I did not have a surgeon looking at it I had a nurse taking a look at it till they got a replacement surgeon for me. I'm guessing to make sure no infections and such. An RN.
carmona81
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Ever the Optimist » 29 Dec 2013, 07:55

Hi Tll.
How are you feeling now????
By now, I'm guessing you should have some answers or at least, a clearer idea of whether this is part of your normal recovery process.......It could some bruising of the area due to surgery. Piles & bruising were huge side effects of my surgery for sure.
Hopefully, everything is going OK for you???? :)
Update & take care.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby tll » 29 Dec 2013, 17:27

I did find out what it was from where I had a surgery in December this area was where the doctor cut open it was my original abscess that I had from back in Aug. that never healed so which is the end of the fistula track it closed not long after the seton was placed and looked good the dr said well the blue I was seeing was it was feeling up with blood and gunk again and a couple days ago the scar burst back open so bow I have a dime size opened wound again so I called dr and since my surgery is not finished that was just the first part he said that is normal that the track just filled up again and since it closed it just settled at the end of the fistula and it burst back open and all the stuff came out mainly blood and no odor or anything so I have to keep taking sitz bathes and taking care of this until my surgery on Feb 4 which I pray is my last one
tll
Salt Bather

Postby Ever the Optimist » 30 Dec 2013, 08:55

That's positive to read Tll and makes good sense.
Hoping your follow-up surgery will finalise all the stuff they now need to do to clear this all up once & for all :)
Let us know how it all goes & all the very best to you :)
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again

Postby tll » 04 Feb 2014, 21:26

Just had my surgery this morning my Dr. went with the lift procedure instead of fistulotomy because my fistula went through to much muscle, it's been 8 hours and so far not terrible pain just a little discomfort, but I'm sure it will be different tomorrow praying it is a fast recovery and not a whole lot of pain I will keep you posted
tll
Salt Bather

Postby carmona81 » 28 Feb 2014, 03:27

That's good to hear, hope you don't have too much pain in your road to recovery.
carmona81
Salt Bather

Topics: 10