Unexpected LIS, here we go!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Unexpected LIS, here we go!

Postby sotiredofthis » 16 Sep 2014, 07:01

Glad you're doing better.

I've had what feels like 3 re-tears since August 8th. I don't know if it's really a re-tear but I feel the stinging pain when I have a bm for 2 days and then it's gone. Unfortunately, still having the constant burning pain when sitting for which I'm having surgery on October 31st for. Praying it's the final fix!!! The Rectiv seems to be causing me some skin irritation now so I'm only using it for a couple of days if I have that stinging pain.
sotiredofthis
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 33

Postby sb2 » 11 Oct 2014, 16:05

JBL, what is the latest with you? I am now 4 months post op and still have some discomfort after harder than normal BMs. Usually the day after having a couple of beers and I guess not drinking enough water. Life has for the most part gotten back to normal. Wondering if this occasional discomfort will go away or is it here to stay. Hoping you are doing well.
sb2
Salt Bather

Topics: 10

Postby Jbl22424 » 12 Oct 2014, 23:40

Hi Sb2, thanks for asking! My re-tear lasted about two months and has been feeling healed for three weeks now. I have no idea how long that will last. My life has also returned to normal. I eat what I want and just take miralax every day. The tear didn't hurt too badly but I did discuss Botox or a second LIS with my CRS. She put me on diltiazem instead so I'm still using that. Time will tell... If I tear again then I will likely do Botox before my deductible resets this year. Glad to hear you are doing pretty well. I think what you are experiencing is very normal and will improve over time.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9