How to make stool softer? Miralax works...but... (Diary)

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: How to make stool thinner or smaller? Miralax? (Diary)

Postby Zizi » 04 Feb 2015, 12:06

have bm about an hour ago, no blood. But, I feel there is stool inside. So not a complete bm.... which leave me afraid that I will have dry hard stool the next day... Don't have this problem before I took miralax. But if it doesn't give me the plug effect next day, I'm okay too.
Zizi
Salt Bather

Topics: 5

Postby hurtinend » 05 Feb 2015, 09:23

squatty potty = you buy it online it fits around the bottom base of the toilet and you put your feet up on it:

http://squattypotty.com/
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby Zizi » 05 Feb 2015, 11:38

Thank you hurtinend for the link!

Soft stool today but incomplete bm.... do I need to lower the dosage for miralax...
Zizi
Salt Bather

Re: How to make stool softer? Miralax works...but... (Diary)

Postby Zizi » 06 Feb 2015, 11:18

another incomplete bm. still feel full in the stomach.
Zizi
Salt Bather

Postby JonnyJ » 06 Feb 2015, 15:02

What I don't get is even with soft stools sometimes I have bleeding. I use a regimen of two 100mg Colace tablets every night, tons of water, drinking olive oil with every meal, and Magnesium tablets, and also a lot of fruit or beans if possible. I think what goes in hard comes out hard so bread can be my worst enemy. You have to chew very well. But my secret has been drinking some olive oil with every larger meal. It lubes up the insides I think. Not sure how safe it is to drink, but I don't want hard stools! I also always wipe with warm wet tissue never ever dry. Miralax is touch and go. Sometimes helps sometimes not. The key for me is olive oil if I dont use it I find my stools dry out so I'll probably have to drink a bit of it the rest of my life with meals. And the colace pills daily helps. They are the non laxative stool softener ones. Like I said sometimes even with all the though I still bleed.
JonnyJ
Fibre Addict

Topics: 11

Postby Zizi » 07 Feb 2015, 01:08

Hi JonnyJ, I agree with what goes in hard comes out hard too...so I'm a little worry about bm tomorrow... I ate a hot dog, and lot of chicken today and yesterday...haven't had those for a while... I also chew very well now and drink olive oil twice a day. But I think miralax helps me achieve the sort of watery poop I need now, even though I don't have complete bm like I used have (before taking miralax). It's an okay trade off I suppose, better than stuck in bed. I did try stool softener pill (docusate sodium) but it didn't work for me, very weird, which was why I switch to miralax. I do everything is going well for you though, no pain and bleeding. By the way, thanks for the tip!
Zizi
Salt Bather

Postby Zizi » 07 Feb 2015, 11:55

small dry poop in the beginning but was able to break apart with finger. no bleeding. incomplete bm. feeling like I'm living on a day to day basis because of worry about retearing the fissure. felt a tiny sting while applying ointment, did i tear my fissure again...even it's just a tiny bit...
Zizi
Salt Bather

Postby Zizi » 08 Feb 2015, 12:48

had bm, no bleeding so it's nice. Still using the finger trick but instead of using just one I used three fingers to support which works better for me than just one. The small retearing from yesterday is making me uncomfortable (itching and sore) but I can still handle it.
Zizi
Salt Bather

Postby Zizi » 09 Feb 2015, 12:12

still some small harder clumps in the beginning but was able to break with my finger, still using lidocaine and vasaline before bm. Beside the beginning, the rest of the stool was very soft and watery. Rectum felt a slight sensation, might be the small fissure from few days ago. I strained today because I can feel a piece of stool inside the rectum but I still couldn't get it out... But no blood. I still use the finger trick doing the first part of bm, the rest I don't.
Zizi
Salt Bather

Postby Zizi » 10 Feb 2015, 11:38

Few small hard stools in the beginning but was able to break them a little bit, left over from yesterday's incomplete bm probably... still incomplete bm today but no bleeding...not sure if scratched the inside of my rectum when i was trying to break the small hard stool apart, pretty sure I hit a wall. Hope i didn't do much damage...
Zizi
Salt Bather