Upcoming Fistula Surgery

Fistula support sub forum. Are you having, or have you had surgery for a Fistula? Or are you just looking for information? We will help where we can and are here to offer support, member-to-member. Check out our Fistula Success Stories sub-forum too!!

Return to FISTULA - Are you having surgery for a Fistula or already had it?

Re: Upcoming Fistula Surgery

Postby mizar » 19 Nov 2012, 15:52

Thanks ETO. You hit it right on the head. The waste I am seeing is flakey. I have had bowel issues since having my gall bladder removed. I'm also having spasms now and strange moving feelings (don't know how else to describe it) in my anus?
mizar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby mizar » 19 Nov 2012, 17:26

Can anyone tell me how much drainage I should be having (I might be high maintenance)? My gauze seem pretty saturated each time I change them.
mizar
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Ever the Optimist » 21 Nov 2012, 14:58

Hi Mizar,
I think any thing much pretty goes during the early recovery stages: Strange sensations down there/ possibly spasms/ twinges of pain/ a feeling of being "tight" / soreness/ aching. It should all start to calm down as your bum starts healing but there are different stages of healing with different effects, so I wouldn't worry too much at the moment.
I think a lot of drainage can also be perfectly normal too at the moment, but that's good because it's all the stuff expelling from the wounds. As long as it's not "smelly" and infected, you don't have too much to worry about. You could also go back to your CRS/ GP just to check that what you are feeling is normal for further reassurance.
I can understand that 5 fistulae might discharge more than 1!
Deeper wounds might take a little longer to heal, but it's a very good thing there's no muscle interaction. It'll be (touch wood) simpler for you to deal with and recovery generally quicker.
Chronic Fissure diagnosed December 2011
Healed by Diltiazem around Feb 2013
Anal Fistula followed burst abscess in June 2012
2 internal troublesome piles remain & suspected, but undiagnosed, ongoing Levator Ani type symptoms & flare-ups
Ever the Optimist

Topics: 24
Mood: Living life again