VAL needs advice everyone! PLease ask & help her x

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: VAL needs advice everyone! PLease ask & help her x

Postby val » 27 Oct 2011, 01:23

Thanks Dawn!
Well, my surgeon is on holiday until 1st november, but I telephoned his stand-in secretary (his usual secretary is also on holiday) and had a little moan about everything, saying I thought it should be sorted out at the private hospital instead of making me wait 6 months for an nhs appointment, seeing as I paid all that money for an operation that hasn't really worked.
Sooooo, just have to wait and see what happens now...............
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby StevePain » 27 Oct 2011, 05:29

Bloody hell Val, you don't have to wait 6 months do you?? If so I would be complaining big time, I get so annoyed at NHS waiting times Image Before my LIS 14 months ago I had my appointment canceled 6 or 7 different times so I really went to town on the receptionist Image I felt a little guilty afterwards but soon got my long awaited appointment, they don't realize what the pain is like Image
Best of luck Val, keep us posted Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Sue27uk » 27 Oct 2011, 09:41

6 months?! omg thats terrible. I have 26 days until my botox, and counting!! Plus got my old soreness come back with a vengeance so back to the docs next week. Had a retear in the middle of my half term hols too for no apparent reason, so have decided 2 goes of botox then I will be asking about the op and go private if necessary to speed things up. I have had enough to be honest, thought I was getting somewhere and am now dreading going back to work next week. Hmmmmm...... Good luck with it all Val, hope they sort you out soon. Sorry I'm having a low day today, after doing so well for a while it comes as a bit of a shock doesn't it Image
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Topics: 21

Postby StevePain » 27 Oct 2011, 12:47

Sue27uk wrote: Sorry I'm having a low day today, after doing so well for a while it comes as a bit of a shock doesn't it Image

I know exactly how you feel Sue, and yes it is a shock, I really thought I was healed or as good as, then BAM out of nowhere it's back... Image
StevePain
King Fissure

Topics: 45

Postby Sue27uk » 22 Nov 2011, 04:21

Hey Val, haven't seen you on here for a while. How's things going? Have you managed to sort anything out yet? I had my day surgery for my examination and botox yesterday, so hoping it'll work! Apparantly I have 2 fissures but both are superficial and like scratches now. So hopefully they will heal as it seems they have so far and are improving. Really hope things are going ok for you :)
Sue27uk
Fissureologist

Postby Guest » 10 Dec 2011, 12:21

Hey Val, Just checking to see how things are going? Hope you are doing well! :)

Postby val » 13 Dec 2011, 14:54

Hi all,
glad you got the botox Sue - I do hope it works for you! Glad your fissures are superficial - hopefully that means they will heal up quickly.
Thanks Dawn.......
just a little update....... I have an appointment with my private CRS, but at the NHS hospital, on monday 19th. I had to see my GP the other day and she saw the fistula, so at least I can tell him it is definitely there! Hopefully he will do something about it now ......!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 14 Dec 2011, 08:21

I hope so Val! I know that has to be very frustrating...
Let us know how things go. Image
That's good that your GP was able to give you a leg to stand on with verifying it's there.

Postby Deleted User 579 » 14 Dec 2011, 10:50

Hey Val - I agree with Dawn that it's good that your GP saw the fistula and can back you up with your CRS. I can imagine how frustrated you must be right now! Image I'm keeping all my fingers and toes crossed for your appointment next Monday - let your surgeon have a good plan and let it work for good! Image
Deleted User 579

Postby Sue27uk » 16 Dec 2011, 13:08

Hope your CRS can sort you out now Val! Good luck for the appointment :D
Sue27uk
Fissureologist