Water - liquid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Water - liquid

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 15:19

I guess I am freak of nature again LOL - if I have a coffee I pee twice as much immediately , and if I did not poop for hours, after the cup of coffee I poop immediately . I was drinking it for years , never the less, but now I have to be careful. I think that my body is just hyper sensitive to all stimulants Image - I am "hyper" enough without coffee LOL , I guess Image ( I need "crazy dance " emoticon ha ha)
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 15:34

Well, everyone *is* different. But I am surprised you didn't build up a tolerance.
And I would hate to give out bad advice. If any AF sufferer feels they should avoid coffee, I am all for it!
I read today that fibro patients need exercise and it will help quell some of the pain. It was on MSN I think.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 15:53

Thanks Kimmy-bud - I have any book on this world related to fibro LOL - tried all kind of therapies for 2 years and know how it went away ??? I suddenly got a bad stomach flue and it was gone - just like that - so there LOL for all SCIENTIFIC explanations of Fibro - they have no clue buddy - no clue. It is such complex disorder that needs to be addressed from all fronts - nutritional, adequate sleep, relaxation, imune-response modifications, physical therapy and so forth. If person has combination of miofacial pain with fibro pain - that exercise is out of question , for example . It can actually make it worse. In my case, luckily, massage is the best way and moderate activity and deep sleep is absolutely essential. Since I went into the complete remission once - I pray it happens again spontaneously as it did, although I had also some spiritual help , but it would be weird to write here about it - but since that I have no doubt that "something more" exists in this world and that prayers ARE heard - I guess one should have been by me and see what I saw and feel what I felt to believe.
Miracles do happen - just not every day :( .
Thanks buddy for thinking about me and remembering that info for me Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 15:57

Prayers are heard, Fissy! I wish I could find that article! Image
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 16:15

Don't worry buddy - really Image - I learned how to deal with it and this time around it is not so debilitating as the first time - probably since I know how to control it better. I will order some yoga DVD that I sent my Mom to try - she is loving it !!!! It is called Yoga for Healing - mostly for fibro patients but I guess it could help with many other issues too, and would not do any harm to try. Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 16:19

Yes! This article specifically mentioned the yoga, and even gave the appropriate poses. But I am so scattershot in my web reading and read so many things everyday I really can't recall where I saw it.
Deleted User 5

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 17:11

Heh :D !!! What a coincidence Image - yoga thingy !!!! I will go on Amazon and order it tonight !!!!
I know about reading "million articles" at once - I do that too ! My friend from ol' country has thyroid problem so I do some research for her, than real-estate is obligatory, than news, than health related articles, than e-mails, than some doggy fun research, than some extra research for my younger's school project LOL (she hates when I do that, but is is sooo FUNNN - I just leave things printed out discreetly on her table LOL), than it is almost impossible to trace back anything LOL.
Fissulyna
VIP

Postby Corsi » 17 Oct 2008, 02:05

Kim wrote:IfIi may chime in, and respectfully disagree about coffee. I always believed it was dehydrating, and it is -- but only mildly.
I never saw any difference in my urine output from the coffee and the water. But hey, I always read it was dehydrating.
So, OK then!
Then recently I read several articles that stated that the amount of urine secreted as a result of a single-cup of normal strength coffee was very comparable to other non-caffeinated liquids. So the new findings correlated to my own observations. For long time drinkers...
That all said, it is mildly dehydrating but I doubt any AF sufferer would need to give it up because the effect is not much more than other liquids. Plus, everyone is different. Long time coffee drinkers, it was found, do not recret any substantial extra water as a result of their indulgence
Same thing for tea and soft drinks.

Good! I really love my cup of coffee in the morning. I don't think I could ever stop having coffee as it keeps me regular. I have been like a clock after I started drinking coffee with breakfast 14 years ago :)
I have experienced that Coca Cola is more dehydrating than coffee...
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Postby happyass » 17 Oct 2008, 09:22

well coffee is apparently good for you in very low moderation; ie, one - two cups a day.
it has been shown to postpone those memory/dementia issues in older people.
personally, i am not one for coffee as caffeine feels like crack amphetamine to me (not that i have tried that....)......
however, i do enjoy my here and there trek to starbux for a vanilla latte or cinnamon dolce latte (both iced of course....)
enjoy your coffee corsica!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Deleted User 5 » 17 Oct 2008, 10:14

Unless you are getting the small latte cup at Starbucks, Gareth, you are probably still getting a whopping dose of caffiene!
I have drank coffee since I was a little kid! Surprisingly, it never made me hyper, but caffiene may act like other stimulants on pre-pubescents and actually be calming!
I have never been a fan of Starbucks, from their business practices to their tipping practices, high prices and especially the fact that they waste 23 million gallons of water a year because they are told to leave their taps running non-stop! Unbelievable!
Deleted User 5