Water - liquid

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Water - liquid

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 01:53

How much water/liquid should we drink a day/with each meal?
The reason I ask is that drinking enough is something that is stressed by all of us, CRS, GP, etc., but what is enough?
I know one of you (Kim?) said in one of the threads that there is no reason to overdo it as only X amount stays/goes in the colon.
Is one litre with each meal too much? Should we drink between meals?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: Water - liquid

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 02:05

The goal is to try not to get dehydrated , since than body will give signal to the colon to extract more water back . So, one should have at least 6-8 glasses of water a day and drink in between meals too, since digestion is happening 24/7. During hot weather or exercise, one should take even more water.
Kim is right - all that is extra will be excreted by kidneys but any time during the day body does not have that "extra" - it will pull it out from the feces. Speed of transition of fecal matter is also very important. The longer the poop is in the guts , the more water will be extracted. That is why it is important to have regular elimination. If the poop is "long enough" in the colon (like 2 days), not only water will be extracted but some toxins too since poop matter starts to rot and with water waste is pulled back too - GROSS !!! So - people - please poop every day - but not 4 times like me Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby happyass » 16 Oct 2008, 05:55

but fissy, really the goal would be to poop like 3-4 times a day....
i know no one wants to be doing that with an active fissure or other ass invader going on, but that is really how the indians use to do it when the lived off the land.....(maybe they pooped so much because they were eating other indians poop off the land too.....eewww..... Image)
well the rule is 8 cups of 8-10 oz.
however that can vary depending on your physical activities and if you have other conditions. perhaps if you take medication, you need to increase that.
also remember that the more fruits and veggies you eat as well as grains cooked in liquids, those also contribute water to your body.
as i like to add something macrobiotic, it was recommended to drink about four-six cups of tea throughout the day. and that seemed to be enough once you get your body adjusted to macrobiotics.
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 16 Oct 2008, 06:37

I don't think 2-3 litres is unrealistic. I get closer to 3 liters a day and my body craves that much water.

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 13:54

Fissy you are so scientific :)
I drink one litre with each meal, and I understand now that I am overdoing it....
Bloody Mary :)
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 14:09

2 -3 liters is way too much for me. I would pee all day. I can drink no water at all and still pee a lot. But I get so much from my food. And coffee and soy milk, etc.
Fissy is very wise and had some excellent points.
Everyone will have different water needs -- there is no hard and fast rule. But if you are taking extra trips to the toilet and are drinking extra water, that should be a common sense tip-off that maybe you don't need quite that much.
Deleted User 5

Postby Corsi » 16 Oct 2008, 14:11

I do pee all day!!!! My new hobby Image
Coffee is dehydrating isn't it?
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 16 Oct 2008, 14:55

Corsi - coffee and anything that has a lot of caffeine is dehydrating. Alcohol even more so!!!
Happy - LOL , yaep - I was thinking about "Gorillas In The Mist" yesterday when I was upset about my frequent trips to the bathroom trying to comfort myself that I just have small evolutionary regression going on, but now that I know about Native Americans - I feel human again !!!! It would not be the problem really if my poop was more formed - I think something is "off" - you know when you "just know it" , just " a gut feeling" Image I woke up this morning with AWFUL stomach pain - so some dyspepsia is gong on all of the sudden Image !!! Do you know what might help Image ??? If I get some FORTH thing going on with my body , I will just down first bottle of herbicide I find in my garden shack :marge: Image !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby val » 16 Oct 2008, 15:06

Thats what I've been getting Fiss, thats why I thought it was the nitro as I upped the nitro then got my stomach ulcer pains back bigtime. I take something called pantoprazole, its really good, but prescription only over here. I also have peppermint tea which is quite soothing - worth a try, anyway. Hope you feel better soon buddy - jeez, you dont need any more problems, you've had FAR too many already! Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Deleted User 5 » 16 Oct 2008, 15:08

IfIi may chime in, and respectfully disagree about coffee. I always believed it was dehydrating, and it is -- but only mildly.
I never saw any difference in my urine output from the coffee and the water. But hey, I always read it was dehydrating.
So, OK then!
Then recently I read several articles that stated that the amount of urine secreted as a result of a single-cup of normal strength coffee was very comparable to other non-caffeinated liquids. So the new findings correlated to my own observations. For long time drinkers...
That all said, it is mildly dehydrating but I doubt any AF sufferer would need to give it up because the effect is not much more than other liquids. Plus, everyone is different. Long time coffee drinkers, it was found, do not recret any substantial extra water as a result of their indulgence
Same thing for tea and soft drinks.
Deleted User 5