Working with this AF???

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Working with this AF???

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 09:08

Hello,
I have a question today for those who have this AF but have to go to work everyday. Lately I have been finding it hard to get to work on time because of trying to manage the pain, burning and spasms of this AF. I get up at 6:00am everyday, but it seems not to be enough time. Once the pain is gone then I am pretty much ok for the day or til the next BM. I have had a BM at work and I have had to leave because I was in so much pain I can't concentrate. I work for a doctor so I can't be making mistakes. Unfortunatly my vacation time and sick time are all gone. Has anyone had and issues with ther jobs or gotten doctors excuses because if this AF? Or even taken a medical leave. Just wondering? I don't know how long they will put up with this at work especially if this takes months to heal. I am kind of scared. I work in a small office so coverage is tight sometimes.
Patty

Re: Working with this AF???

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 09:47

I work full time, but I am on salary so my tardiness and sickness some days it made up for by the other days that I work until 7, 8, 9, midnight. I would be in serious trouble if I didn't have this flexibility. I have also talked to my bosses so they understand that I am having medical problems and not just goofing off.

Have you talked to your bosses about this?
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 09:59

Buttgirl,
Yes my bosses know about it, but I am still a little leary that after awhile they will say missing work has been going on for too long and want to replace me.
Patty

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 10:48

Did you have your appointment yet?
I can see how difficult it would be with work. I work from home which is fortunate as I would have been fired long ago otherwise.
Do the doctors there know that you have AF? Maybe your CRS can call and talk to them about mornings and maybe you can go in later and stay to close up the office later than the other staff.

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 10:54

Lecia,

I go today for my CRS appt. I leave in about and hour 2pm. Wish me luck. Maybe I will have my CRS call my boss.
Patty

Postby Guest » 18 Jul 2007, 10:57

I would, Patty. They may even know each other anyway.
Good luck. I have been praying for you!

Postby buttgirl » 18 Jul 2007, 11:19

Lecia wrote:maybe you can go in later and stay to close up the office later than the other staff.

This is basically what I end up doing, salaried or no.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby SunshineHope » 18 Jul 2007, 18:37

Patty, I really hope you can get a note from your doctor and maybe take Lecia's advice about going to work a bit earlier but staying later. I am a bit lucky in that regard because I go to Uni, and could usually listen to lectures via the internet if I had to miss a class. It is so hard to suck up the pain every single day and still go about your daily routine when you're body isn't up for it -- but you are so strong to have done it for so long.
If I were you and had to deal with that pain while still going to work everyday, I probably would've gotten the surgery done sooner. I'll be doing fulltime school again in Sept, which is why I have been off work and school in the summer. It's so important to give the bum rest so if I were you I probably wouldve just opted for the botox or surgery IF everything else wasn't working - just because it seems to be really coming in the way of your everyday life... But of course you've got to consider what is best for you..
Maybe you should call your doc up and see if there is anything else you can do about the pain or blood. If Colace works for you, just continue taking it. If it doesn't, then pick up some Miralax, it really helps keep things soft and gave me painless BMs (it made me feel like I had a normal bum, and my bum is F-A-R from normal). Also try drinking/taking other things to heal yourself like aloe vera juice or vitamin e pills and vitamin c too. And having oils to help the poo come out more painlessly... It still bugs me that you have to go through work everyday dealing with that, I know there is a solution you've just got to find it. Hang in there, there is hope, and you will be fine. Just keep trying.
Also, do you have any cushion for your chair at work? I have the donut cushion and it hasn't helped some other people but if you position yourself properly on it, it MAY be helpful to you. It helped me b/c I have to sit on the comp for hours doing assignments, and the cushion put pressure off my fissure. There are other seats too, I hope youv'e got one of those. Take care and God Bless!
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 25 Jul 2007, 16:41

Thanks Sunshinehope,
I am calling CRS for Botox hopefully the week of Aug 6-10. I want my life back. I am using Fisol caps and colace and it seems to be helping a bit. Today I am pain free all day. Well since the AM. My problem is the anticipation of the next morning. Thats my aniexity, thats my problem, and at night I don't do much at all. But I am gonna call about the Botox. Wish me luck... Thanks again..
Patty

Postby Guest » 04 Aug 2007, 03:31

My advice: Before going for a botox try a complete green vegetables diet with wheat (whole grain) salads with mint and Olive oil. Take hot stz for 20 minutes. In two days time you will feel the difference.
Avoid eating sharp foods that contains seeds. try this one as i was not much different from you. Its my third day and i can see the improvement.
I ma using Movicol as laxative and NeoHellar cream. Try this NeoHellar Cream.