Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

HELP

A place for informstion and to help others who are having or have had this surgery.

Return to Advancement Flap Surgery

Re: Y-V Advancement Flap/Botox

Postby Savaici » 07 Jun 2014, 13:50

Don't panic on the C-diff. I too have had problems with this bacteria which lives happily in our guts most of the time, just occasionally coming out to zap us. I use probiotics which always helps to keep things under control. I spend 19 out of 24 hours in pain, so I know where you are at pain wise. Wait for your results to come back and see what they say before stressing yourself out more. They have antibiotics for c-diff and it's not uncommon to get when our immune system is messed up. Big :smilyhug: to you!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby owmybum » 07 Jun 2014, 16:53

Sav,

:smilyhug:

To you too
Xxxxxxx
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Apes » 10 Jun 2014, 16:11

Asdf, thinking about you, how are you?
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby asdf123456 » 10 Jun 2014, 16:27

I'm still waiting to hear back on that poop test I had to take, but I do feel a little better so hopefully this can resolve without any medication. Otherwise, it has been 1 week since my procedure. I am still bleeding, but my butt certainly feels different. The pain is definitely down, even when I cough/sneeze/laugh, which is hard to believe. It reminds me of what is was like to do those things without wincing in pain. I think if you have an uncomplicated fissure that you got from pooping, then it's certainly worth looking into this procedure. Are you from near NYC? I was told that I have a wider wound than is typical, and a scarred up butt from my prior surgeries, so I am still skeptical as to whether my own wound can really heal. He also noticed some irritation anteriorly, not quite a fissure he said, but he cauterized it anyway, and it been bleeding ever since. I am hoping that the blood will stop and this thing will finally heal for good this time. My butt has only once (last night) felt like it was in spasm really, but I think I may have been over-focused on it.
asdf123456
VIP

Topics: 7

Postby Apes » 10 Jun 2014, 16:43

I'm so happy you are making progress. Keep strong and beat this thing. As for me I had Botox 36 days ago and going for my follow up tomorrow. I have been feeling better each week, only a little discomfort after BMS and during the day. No blood for 11 days, and I think it's healing. I live in CT, and would consider Kenalog, if the Botox doesn't work.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Apes » 14 Jun 2014, 16:43

ASDF, any update how are you doing? Think about you often, hope things are getting better.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 14 Jun 2014, 19:26

Thank you Apes. Well I am now about 11 days post/op. There is definitely pain still, so I wouldn't say I am of the 2/3 of candidates who were painfree in 10 days. Today was the first day that I actually was out and about a little bit, and it hurts a bit more, but I guess that is to be expected. The pain is different than before, though-very strange. Before this procedure my days were all very much the same. Like a clock ticks, I would poop in the morning, and usually get pain that would set in over the next few hours, and then it would just be like this dull pain for maybe 5-8 hours after I poop, only really bad when I laugh/sneeze/cough etc. Since I've had this procedure, my pain is actually not really associated with my BM, at least so far. And coughing sneezing laughing are actually so far less painful than before. But sitting or laying down, or even just the normal trauma of going about your day aggravates my butt and by the time I am laying in bed each night, my butt seems tight and almost swollen. I don't know that this is better or worse, but it is so far different than before. I am very sad all day every day- all of my friends are getting careers and apartments and married and I am just perpetually planning my next meal and my next surgery or procedure. I hope that it gets better soon.

On the bright side, I do not have that bacteria that scared me last week. They said it was just a reaction to one of the medicines they gave me after my surgery. So that is a relief, I guess.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby Apes » 14 Jun 2014, 22:31

Asdf, I was very similar, pain was much different after Botox, but I would say not as severe. I was not pain free within the first 10 days and had good days and bad days after that. It's only recently (on day 41) that I can say there is no pain. I still have discomfort but I think that has more to do with my hemmy. I still plan my day around my BM AND eating. My BMS are almost all in the morning. The swollen feeling you have at night can be a hemmy or still irritation from the procedure. After walking or standing for periods of time I felt my bottom could fall out. Your description sounds like the procedure is working, be patient it's going to take time. You will get your life back and enjoy all those moments you are missing now, maybe more so. I have a renewed appreciation of life, maybe this damn pain in the ass has actually done me some good. Stick with it and stay strong.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 16 Jun 2014, 09:43

So I had gone 5 days without bleeding, and then today I had to push a little and there was a bit of blood again. So I am certainly not healed, but I guess 13 days post/op is too early for healing anyway. I am going to resume HBOT tomorrow, insurance willing, so hopefully the combination will finally close this wound up for good. I am very nearing bankruptcy, and probably going to offically lose my job soon, but I'm trying to push that out of my head and just focus on healing this wound. Todays BM wasn't great, but for someone with a healed butt, it wouldn't have been a problem at all. I usually have pretty easy poops, so hopefully I'll be able to recover from this blood and in the next few weeks be able to say that I am healed.
asdf123456
VIP

Postby asdf123456 » 16 Jun 2014, 09:51

Work is really stressing me out. I want go back to work, but it's just not conducive to healing. I'm in a cubicle on my butt all day, and I have to rush around, especially in the morning, and I can't take baths after I poop in the office. Plus, how am I supposed to go back while doing HBOT everyday? It's not possible. And then, assuming this latest attempt fails, how am I supposed to go back knowing that I'll be getting another advancement flap in a month and then be out for another extended period of time? I'm too young for this. My number one goal is getting better so I can get back to the gym and my social life. Whats the point of working if you can't do the things that you enjoy in life? So I am really stuck right now. I was hoping this surgery would be a miracle cure and I'd be painfree in 10 days like most of the candidates. But that's just not in the cards for me. Hopefully in the next few weeks I can see the light and be confident that I'll be over lowest point in my life soon.
asdf123456
VIP