2nd opinion

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 2nd opinion

Postby buttgirl » 26 Jul 2008, 13:23

That sounds like a nice dr you got. I hope the antibiotics and cream work for you. Glad ou got to see someone else.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby juney » 27 Jul 2008, 19:48

thanks guys. it was definitely a relief to know i won't potentially have to "just live with it" like my other dr had the nerve to say. the $$ thing is a big issue when it comes to this other dr, but if i have to have the surgery i know my family can help me out. interest-free loans from grandma are the way to go! :) otherwise i'll ask about a payment plan, thanks for the advice lecia!
oh, another thing he thought i should try daily is a water enema after each BM to clean things out and prevent excess bacteria from getting trapped in the hole. so that's been real fun the last 2 days Image between the new ointment, enema, sitz bath and shower every morning i've had to add another half hour to my already loooong AM routine. i know you all understand that!! haha
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2008, 19:54

Wow-an enema every morning! Does it feel better in there after you finish? You must have to get up a 5 am to get all of that accomplished!

Yes, I am sure grandma will be pleased to help-anything to get you through this!

Postby buttgirl » 27 Jul 2008, 20:38

I think your drs right abut the enema. You've gotta keep the area clean.
Glad gramma will be able to help out.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Jul 2008, 20:59

I have to administer enema tomorrow before the exam (laser guy hates single speck of poop it seams LOL)- anyway - any tips to make it less painful ? Last time I had one before the LIS was pure torture : (((
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 27 Jul 2008, 21:10

I can't stand it when doctors are too prissy and require enemas. Don't be a CRS if a little poop bugs you. You can try using some extra lubricant and I turn the tv on for company to get my mind off of it. Hard to see in that position but at least I can listen. They do have child size enemas, maybe that would work better for you?

Postby juney » 27 Jul 2008, 21:24

it's not so bad fissy! the tip is small and usually comes lubed, so you just slip it in and squeeze all the water out. within minutes you'll have to go and it should all come out easy. the solution they use in store bought enemas is saline based i think so it might burn a little, but it shouldn't be that bad. i think they like you to use one before exams where they go any higher up than an anoscope. i've only had to do it before surgery. like lecia said, look for a child sized one!
juney
King Fissure

Postby Fissulyna » 27 Jul 2008, 23:35

Thanks girls a bunch - I will send my hubby to buy child size right now ! Believe it or not - I find enema more painful than any exam I ever had so far : (((. When I had it with open fissure it burned so much I collapsed on the floor out of pain and stayed laying there until it started working since it needed a while because I already had BM just an hour before enema : ((. And than all the burning liquid had to pass my acute fissure - I thought I would faint of all of that pain : (((. I actually always canceled this guy because of enema requirement - but now he is my last resort and there is no way around it : ((( ! Wish me luck Image
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby buttgirl » 28 Jul 2008, 22:12

I dump ou t abouot 2/3 of the saline solution and refill with water. Taht way it does not sting on the way out.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Postby juney » 31 Jul 2008, 10:49

well the culture came back and there's fecal bacteria present in the wound discharge, so it's definitely a fistula. i'm starting on the cipro and flagyl today and will take that for 10 days. i'm continuing with the recta-gel and neosporin regimen, but the dr doesn't want me to do that for long b/c the gel has hydro cortisone in it. ultimately it'll probably be a fistulotomy for me. i guess it's all just part of the process. it doesn't seem like many of us actually HEAL and stay healed for good, once it becomes more than just a simple fissure. SOOO depressing. are we all cursed?! Image
i got my surgery date with kaiser, for the end of sept. i'm still debating going w/ them or this new dr. i guess it'll depend on when the new dr can fit me in/how much it would cost with him...
i know a few people on here have recovered well from fistulotomies. as it gets closer i'll want some more advice, stories, etc.
juney
King Fissure