2nd opinion

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 2nd opinion

Postby val » 09 Aug 2008, 13:55

Image good luck to everybody having surgeries, so sorry jo, that you've had a setback, i think stress plays a very big part in this fissure battle. hope you feel better very soon.
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Jen » 09 Aug 2008, 13:58

Jo -

Sorry about the setback sweetie! :(

Did you completely get off the cream and then have the setback? That what seams to happen to me all the time too. I really think stress is a huge factor in all this. Even time I see my CRS he asks about my stress because it has so much to do with fissures acting up. I hope you feel better!

Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 09 Aug 2008, 14:22

thanks everyone! that's so weird that tabby and i have surgery the same day!
val - how are you doing lately? i don't keep up as often w/ the board so i'm not sure how you've been doing healing-wise...i remember you had fistula surgery awhile back though
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby val » 09 Aug 2008, 14:46

after the surgery i was fine, everything healing well, but i've had a couple of setbacks-having one now in fact, so i have to go in for exploratory surgery . i have an appointment on monday to arrange it. how are you doing? dont worry about the surgery, having the fissure/fistula is far worse!
val
King Fissure

Postby cherylk » 09 Aug 2008, 15:08

Jen,
Interesting comment from your doc as my CRS also said he thinks the brain/mind has a lot to do with fissures. Maybe he meant stress?????
:nevergive:
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2008, 15:52

I wish I could train my brain to just say no to butt pain.

Sorry, Jo, that you have had a setback. I know it is hard to do what you need to with yourself when you are caring for a loved one. Take care of yourself.

Do you have family near you?

I think once I get better I am going to start offering my services to come out and help those going through surgeries. Too bad, Tabby goes so soon, I want to go to Scotland!

Postby Jen » 09 Aug 2008, 17:10

Lecia -
How have you been feeling lately? Have the hemmies come back recently? Are you having any pain and blood? Do you have any pain from the fistula area? Any nerve pain?
I was just wondering about you lately. I know you are still in pain, but I hope there has been improvement lately.

Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 09 Aug 2008, 17:35

Thanks, Jen. I have had a few good days, which means that I am in pain but I can override it. I have pain from the hematoma that is stubborn about going away and it is pressing on the pudendal nerve and causing nerve pain. I go see the CRS on 8/21 and hope he can be of help. I am also going back to the gyn to follow-up on some tests and talk about exploratory surgery and/or an mri. I don't want to rush into anything but I don't want to settle for what I have either.

There is a pelvic pain clinic at UNC-Chapel Hill that we might check out as I think the rectal and uterine/ovarian pain might be related. I think something is out of whack but it isn't showing up on the CT or US. But I have had things wrong that didn't show up on scans before so I don't think they are definitive by any means.

Thanks for asking!

Postby Jen » 09 Aug 2008, 19:36

Lecia - I am glad there has been good days. It sounds like the pelvic clinic maybe a good thing!

Good luck on the 21st and keep us updated!

I am so glaqd things have been tolerable and NO HEMMIES! :D

Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Postby val » 10 Aug 2008, 03:41

Image thats wonderful news lecia that you've had a few good days- long may they continue.

good luck on the 21st
val
King Fissure