2nd opinion

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 2nd opinion

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 07:29

Lecia Image
Scotland is beautiful …..COME !!! You would make a wonderful nurse !! Image
I am glad your pain is giving you good days…
Ill be thinking of you on the 21st , I hope things will move swiftly along now.
x
Wonder if I can just hijack the thread for a moment !
The last few days have been quite bad regarding spasms Image Image
I have been feeling an dull ache in my ladies parts? Sorry chaps ! :oops:
Almost that ache when we are due on , but im not !
Can my ladie fissure friends tell me if they have this feeling too when things are bad ??

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 07:52

Lecia,
Are you a nurse??
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 09:09

Tabby, since the pelvic floor is all connected it is possible that the spasms that you get in your bum can refer to your uterus. Also during ovulation I get this feeling too.

I started bleeding again this morning. Beward the jinx of saying you are having a few good days, I guess. It hurts so bad. Please pray for me. I can't stand the thought of going through another complication.

I am not a nurse, I have a master's in public health but would like to study nursing at some point. My mom, aunt and grandmother are all nurses.

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 09:50

Oh Lecia that is too unfair :( im sorry you are in pain after having a few good days…
I hate a few good days now !!!.... This just sucks !
You are always in my prayers Image Stay strong :truebud:
xx
Thanks for your wise advice again, that sure would figure Image
Maybe you were destined to be a nurse !

Postby Jo » 10 Aug 2008, 09:53

Lecia,
So sorry :( you are having so much pain and bleeding again. It is so vicious. I think you would be a great nurse. My family lives from 250 plus miles, unfortunately I haven't been able to see them much this summer because of the health and traveling to Mayo. Happily 3 of 4 kids are home this summer.
Cheryl,
I have never been diagnosed with ibs. I normally struggle with constipation but the last week diahrrea has been a problem. I almost felt like it was a virus but it could be due to stress. After the diahrrea things go to the other extreme, I feel constipation coming on. One dose of miralax then I'm back to diahrrea, not sure what to do. I will admit I have been slacking off with the fiber.
Val & Jen,
Thanks, I think you are right about the stress making things worse.
Jen, I was off the nifedipine for about a month now. I was nervous about not using it until the last week or two but now I'm back to using it. Does anyone know if it gets too old to use? Or do I need to get a new tube?
Tabby,
So sorry :( you too are having spasms and pain.
Hoping everyone is feeling better very soon! I will be praying for all our health. Image
Jo
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby cherylk » 10 Aug 2008, 10:16

Lecia and Jo,
I willl pray you both feel better. What does a masters in public health qualify one to do in regards to an occupation? My son starts his second year of pharmacy school tomorrow. I am so proud of him, but I miss him greatly since he has left to return to school and is now 2+ hours away from home.
Jo,
I can sympathize with regulating the bowels as that is now part of my prob. I am enjoying the self-hypnosis tapes, however, even though they often make me fall asleep!! I think fiber may be the key to keeping everything OK.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby val » 10 Aug 2008, 11:06

:( :( :( lecia, thats just awful that you're in so much pain again, i think we should issue a warning on here for saying we feel better, it happens just too often. i hope and pray that your pain is a minor hiccup and that you get back to having good days again Image Image

tabby, i know what you mean about the spasms reaching those parts, i had that too, in fact it even hurt to pee at one time because of those spasms, it seems to tighten up the whole area. Image
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Fissulyna » 10 Aug 2008, 13:59

Lecia-baby :( :( :( :( - this is just insane Image . I don't even know what to say - I am sooo sooo sorry and mad at the same time Image Image :( Image.
What the heck we all here did to deserve all of this crap ???????!!!!!! Image Do you bleed a lot ??? Is it like after surgery ? Do you see where the blood is coming from ? Image Image Image Sorry for my incoherent sentences - I feel dizzy this morning - like some kind of vertigo or something attacked me Image .
Can you go and see your CRS ASAP ? :( :( :( I pray for you always buddy - this craziness just has to stop !!!!! Please keep us posted sweetness - OK ?!
Try finding that glutamine supplement too - yesterday my hubby went to small supplement shop in our neighborhood and asked about it and person there said only the best about it ( the guy that holds the store is very knowledgeable about all herbs and supplements - he is really into it , not just for business ). He said that even people who had chemo are taking it and have great results in recovery and that it is always great to take it with ANY abdominal surgery and especially anything that has to do with digestive tract surgeries. I mean, it can not hurt to try - I just started taking it, what the heck Image . I hope though that your bleeding was just a freak fluke and that will go away as suddenly as it came Image :sprinkleheart:
Tabby - same here !!! When cramping starts it cramps all over. This period was horrible for me too - 3 days of flooding and cramps and cramping started 8 days before the period - I thought I was getting it !!!! I was 100% sure !!!!! JUST CRAZY - ALL OF IT !!! And yes, pain shoots sometimes through labia too - never had that in my life before I got fissure. Hang in buddy Image - only one more week !!!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 10 Aug 2008, 14:18

Thanks Fiss and Val Image
That is exactly it Val !!!! and those same pains here too Fiss Image
The plus is - evening is here and I feel a little better now, I am mid cycle Fiss so I think, Ovaulation funny business is going on….Lecia is right !
Where would I be without you all ?????????????
I hope you are OK Lecia :thinkofyou:

Postby Jen » 10 Aug 2008, 15:12

Tabby -
It is so weird that you bring up the issue with the pelvic pain. This happened to me just yesterday! I have had like a sharp pain in my rectal area and some sorness in my ladies area as well. However, I don't feel tight today (I am on nitro). Is this what your pain is kind of like? Do you think this is spasms?
Lecia - I don't even know what to say seweetie! another fissure??? I am so sorry I even asked how you were feeling yesterday - it seams whenever we all think we are feeling good, something happens again. Is this your 3rd fissure? Can you tell what caused it? Did you see it with a mirror or did your huby see it? Maybe you can call and see your CRS before the 21st???? I was so disappointed when I read about your pain this morning. You are such a beautiful person inside and out and you don't deserve this - none of us do!!!!!!!!
Love & God Bless Everyone! Image Image Image
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39