2nd opinion

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: 2nd opinion

Postby cherylk » 31 Jul 2008, 11:09

Juney,
Sorry for your bad news. Are you in a lot of pain, and does the fistula hurt a lot? I don't really know what causes a fistula.
cherylk
VIP

Topics: 46

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jul 2008, 11:41

Wow! Sorry to hear all that, Juney. I know Lecia seemed to heal well from her fistula surgery, and she doesn't seem to heal well, so that should be encouraging...
Deleted User 5

Postby buttgirl » 31 Jul 2008, 12:22

That sucks Juney. I'd go with th new doc, personally. Good luck and keep us posted.
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 13:01

Sorry about the news but once it is fixed I bet you will heal quickly. I had one repaired back in March if you want to go back and read about it.

Postby juney » 31 Jul 2008, 15:56

it's ok guys, it's the same as it's always been for a year now. it doesn't hurt anymore or less than it ever has. i'm just glad i have a definitive answer now, and a plan of action instead of just going on and on and nothing ever changing.
cheryl - no it doesn't hurt a lot. it's just irritated and raw feeling, same as it's always felt for 2 years now. it's been a long journey and i'm just trying to believe it's going to end soon.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 31 Jul 2008, 16:25

Hi Juney
You are right you have a definate answer now and this can be sorted, this is coming to an end you will see ..
Take care :)

Postby Jen » 01 Aug 2008, 23:02

Hi Juney -

I am sorry to hear about the fistula. In a way, this is wonderful, because now you can treat the right condition - a fistula.

Try not to worry about the price of the operation. I know this is easier said than done, but I can not think of anything better to spend my money on than my health or my education.

Let us know what happens Juney! I wish you all the best!
Jen
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby juney » 07 Aug 2008, 14:54

so i've decided to have the surgery with the 2nd dr even though my insurance won't cover it. i had a 2nd exam with him today and since infection/pus has cleared up from using the antibiotics and cream he was able to get a better look at what we're dealing with. it's still a fissure inside, but it'ss so chronic and inflamed it's become sort of a fistula and i guess that's why there's the pus. he was able to stick his little probe in there and it sunk in and was covered with blood. it's never gonna heal on it's own since it's been like this for a year or more.
so he's gonna do a fissurectomy/fistulotomy thing and remove the whole area of inflamed infected skin.
i like his bedside manner and explanations better than my kaiser dr, and i feel like i'll get better treatment going private so i'm gonna do it. i turned 26 yesterday, so that makes 2 full years of hell. i just want my life back.
surgery will be in early september.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2008, 14:59

I am so glad you are finally starting to get somewhere. I know the long road you have travelled. But things are going to change now that you are in the right hands.

Postby Guest » 07 Aug 2008, 15:38

Good news Juney :D
I hope you never have to suffer this way again !
Hope you had a nice birthday !