about anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: about anal fissure

Postby SunshineHope » 01 May 2007, 08:18

I'm not sure if anyone has mentioned this yet, but it's absolutely essential to drink water, I think 2 Litres is recommended (8-10 glasses of water) per day. Other liquids are good too (e.g. juices). Tea may cause constipation if there's milk in it, milk totally prevents me from going to the washroom! Caffeine is also something to avoid , according to most people.
I've heard that the bathing helps a lot, maybe even more than medicine for some people.
Take care, I hope you find some relief soon Image It's not an easy thing to deal with.
SunshineHope
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 09:37

Thanks lecia
Going to bathroom is not prescribed by doctor but I red it from prespectus, is says that ,''Suppositories should be used after Bm''
But although I use it as it is advised but later it cause a latter bowel movement and then I have to go to bathroom.But if I use it after Bm ,I can keep it in my intestines longer.
Suppositories are auxiliary or main element for healig?.I mean are they efective in curing fissure or just used for an secondary element in cured by itself.?
As you said above ,I havent taken these medicines advantages but it is writen on ultraprotect box 'Fluokortolon pivalat,fluokortolon kaproat,sinkokain HCL(I guess hidro cloric acid)
And polidokanol,hidrokortizon asetat and antihemoroidal on KORTOS box.
Thanks for wishes Sunshinehope

Postby Deleted User 5 » 01 May 2007, 10:11

While some people anecdotally have gotten "relief" using suppositories, I am not aware of any useful treatment regimen that uses them. Certain suppositories are good for hemorroids.
I would have to say they are auxilliary for healing, if useful at all for a fissure.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 13:24

It looks like the language is Greek? HCL is hydrocortisone which is an topical anti-inflammatory, anti-itch cream/suppository which is used for many different anal conditions.
It also looks like one of the medications may have some skin numbing medication. Do you feel less pain when you use it?
Now, I don't think the HCL is going to cure the fissure and there are many opinions as to its efficacy and perhaps even safety of use for long periods because it can have the potential to thin skin. My doctor doesn't have a problem with people being on HCL long term but many do.
When do you go see the doctor again?

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 13:46

yes ;when I use it I fell less pain.I havent go to see the doctor because my medics havent depleted yet.I'm contemplating to visit him after completely consuming my medics.
According to your answers I drawed that results,I guess you think that medics are for numbing the tissues that are cracked ,and wanted to numbed and repair itself,is'not it?
İf so I agree with you because all symptoms show this conclusion.

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 13:51

And furthermore maybe this question sounds a little bit ignorant but I have to ask ,suppositories , which are not dissolved in bowels completely ,can cause additional fissure while BM?.
Thanks

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 13:54

That isn't really likely since it softens due to the warmth of the rectum, but I would think putting one in could possibly cause some tears since it is pretty hard and rough.
Did you doctor suggest that you put some lubricant on the suppository to insert it more easily?

Postby Guest » 02 May 2007, 02:37

The doctor said me to spread ultraproct ointment on suppository then put it in.he didnot advise me any additional lubricant.
Although ultraproct is ointment,provide a good lubrication.
But this situation really worry me.I dont understand why doctor prescribed suppository, even there is a tear,suppositories cause additional tears.
What do you think about medicine,what kind of medics should be prescribed for example,I mean which medics is suitable for curing the tears,like pills or syrups or anythingelse?

Postby Guest » 02 May 2007, 07:15

What they prescribe here is a compound form of a blood pressure medicine that they make into a cream. It is a calcium channel blocker that helps the muscles and blood vessels relax so as to improve blood flow to the fissure.
The kind I used was diltiazem that is created in the pharmacy. There is a mail order pharmacy that will make it for you if you have a prescription. I don't know if they ship overseas or not.
If you want to talk to your doctor about treatment for fissures in the US here is a good website from the American Academy of Colo-Rectal Surgeons. http://www.fascrs.org/associations/1843/files/pp_1204.pdf
If you want to email the pharmacy in the US that makes Diltianzem Hydochloride cream 2% (also called Anoheal) to see if they will ship to you if you have a prescription their email is [email protected].
L.

Postby Guest » 02 May 2007, 07:45

Thanks for links