about anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

about anal fissure

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007, 08:26

Hey all
I just registered this forum and I scrumbled it this week then add to bokkmarks because, I think maybe your help be useful for me.
I wanna consult you that an anal fissur realy heals itself without medication or any special treatment?
If so then a tissue can be sensitive to fissure again.After healing, tissues can turn again its orginal conditions.
Damn this disturbance really goes me crazy.
Is it heal or would I undergo this discomfort for my whole life?

Re: about anal fissure

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007, 08:31

and how much time is it take to get heal with proper medication..Because It have to heal as much as possible
Thank you for contributions.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Apr 2007, 08:41

Wribro,
It's important that you see a doctor because there are steps you need to take in order to get your fissure under control so the healing can begin. It takes about 6 - 8 weeks for a fissure to heal, but if you're having spasms and very tight down there, it can take much longer and may never heal without medical intervention.
The tissue around the fissure, after healing, may always be susceptible to retearing. I'm sure it varies from case to case.
What steps are you currently taking, (like diet and baths) to help heal the fissure?
Hope you are not in too much pain!
Kim
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007, 09:19

Welcome to the boards! A fissure is not a pleasant thing to deal with so we understand the pain. Be assured you will not have to deal with this the rest of your life but there are steps you have to take to make sure you heal. For some they are healed by watching thier diet (high fiber, increased water intake), but most of us here have needed more intervention.
The first step would be to see a doctor and talk to him about your options and make sure you indeed have a fissure. There are creams that you can use to help healing that reduce the amount of tension in the anus so that blood flow is increased. You can also do this by talking warm baths throughout the day particularly after going to the bathroom.
For others, the cream was not enough for healing and have used surgery to heal. It has a very high success rate.
How long have you had your fissure? If is is very small and superficial (not deep) it may go away on its own. If it is something you have for awhile it may be chronic and will need intervention to help you heal.
Please let us know how we can help and welcome!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Apr 2007, 11:45

I just want to reiterate what Lecia said: The doctor should be able to verify that it is an anal fissure. Often it is impossible for the sufferer to know if it a fissure, hemorrhoids, or something else; it could even be something more serious!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 29 Apr 2007, 12:23

Be sure to at least mention anal fissure to your doctor. My family doctor diagnosed hemmorrhoids on me for a long time. I think , anyway , that there was a fissure there in addition to the hemmorrhoid for quite some time.
Good Luck and God Bless!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 29 Apr 2007, 12:29

Bingo, MB, right on! So many doctors will only zero in on maladies mentioned by the patient. I told my Dr. hemorroids, and that's all he found (the first time). So my AF went undiagnosed for another month!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 01:50

hey again
I havent time to write massage on board while passing day.I was a little bit busy.
Kim & Lecia
I have had this fissure nearly for 2 moths and about 1 moth ago my doctor diagnosed it as a fissure and wrote me a priscribe include KORTOS suppository and ULTRAPROCT ointment and advised me to sit on hot water eatin veggy and fruits..I'm using my suppository sporadicly because it really hurts me but cause a good bowel movement.Is that normal?I mean ,I only just keep them in my intestines for only 15 minutes.
Lastly you are absolutely right,Currently finding good doctors is hard to find whereever you go.

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 03:59

furthermore is tea cause any constipation?
thanks

Postby Guest » 01 May 2007, 06:14

Hi again,
I am a bit concerned with you using a suppository. I would think that it would be painful and not very useful in healing your fissure. Can you tell us what medicine is in the KORTOS? The ultraproct is probably a hydrocortisone cream that is used for numerous anal problems like hemorrhoids and itching but I am not sure as to its usefulness in treating fissure. Again, can you tell us what ingredients are in the ultraproct?
Yes, it is normal for many to dispel the suppository because it's presence triggers the nerves endings in the bowel that tell you when you need to go to the bathroom. It is probably better if you are going to use this to wait until after you are done with going to the bathroom. Is this prescribed to help you go to the bathroom?
I don't think the tea will cause constipation. It is liquid so should add some fluid to the stool. Caffeine though can draw out water because it is a diuretic but it is also a stimulant that for many help them have a bowel movement.
Hope you are doing okay!
L.