about anal fissure

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: about anal fissure

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 03:42

I have watched the video on the site;That was terrible I cannot perform this surgery.Impossible.Doctor is cuting his flesh like a meat.Impossible.I cannot got this operation.It shocked me. nearly I would going to throw up.Terrible. Image Image Image :no: Even I perefer to live with pain ,dont let the doctor to percecute my anus :(

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 03:58

Have you experienced any bleeding during the fissure?

Postby happyass » 18 May 2007, 05:20

wribro, i don't think necessarily that the way the brazilians operate would be the same way the americans operate. i have seen that video for fistulotomies and those look scarier than the LIS.
even in canada, they don't put you in a surgery room but just do the surgery right there in the doctors office with no sedation!!!! that i find unbelievable.
i had regular bleeding when i had my fissure. but it was like every 2 weeks or so.
i am happy to say that after close to four years of agonizing pain, year 3 was the worst, and that i had bleeding and pain that would linger for the day, i don't have my fissure any more and without surgery. but it takes a big commitment on your part to do this.
i think everyone here can testify the importance of diet and drinking water, and how to keep your butt clean, and what to do in between without complicating the issue.
i began to change my diet to macrobiotics and that really helped clear up my fissure of many years.
the change was over almost a month period as i had gone in to schedule and LIS/fistulotomy/colonoscopy in December, started macro in December and by a month later in January, the doctor after review, cancelled the LIS and fistulotomy. i kept my colonoscopy though for February.
i adopted macrobiotic principles for my diet.
i kept my ass dry. but also moisturized it.
i squatted to take a crap instead of sitting on the toilet.
i stopped forcing my farts out and tried patiently to let my body send them out on their own time (i think this was the worst part for me because i hate feeling gas inside and i usually strain to get it out quicker and this was a very big big problem that leads to my thrombosed vein which gets very painful, tender, and swollen).
use baby wipes only.
high fiber diet.
god luck!
happyass
King Fissure

Topics: 74

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 06:21

yeah I watched it after and wondered if it would have changed my decision-but I doubt it..Mine kept healing and re opening over and over. I had the kindest, most gentle colorectal surgeon though. I was fine putting my butt in his hands! I had my friend watch it and she though it seemed really minor-I said are you crazy-this is a big deal to me! But no regrets-it does look barberic though!

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 06:53

Happypass
Furthermore Sorry but my motherlanguage is not english so sometimes I have difficulties in understanding.
[b]You mentioned your doctor cancelled your LIS ,thanks to microbiotic diet,Is not it?Would you mind to inform me about your diet on december?[/b]
You said that you lived with fussure for 4 years.In that four years,your fissure had improved and had caused more serious problem.
I need your answers.Plz.
Thank you.

Postby happyass » 18 May 2007, 08:42

wribro, my fissure started aug 2004. so it was a bit under four years. my first year, i had ups and downs and i thought it would get better. year two, i guess i learned to live with it but nothing prepared me for year 3 which i had lots of pain down there and bleeding. i hadn't really had that tremendous pain and bleeding as i did in the first two years; mind you when i first got it in aug 2004 it hurt really bad for a whole month. year 3 was no stop pain that it drove me so crazy i finally went to see a colonrectal surgeon (CRS). he advised me of a diet change to high fiber and the goal was to get my poop to be like oatmeal - it comes out soft and formed but not liquid.
i was able to do that and my pain stopped for a few months and then i got more comfortable and started to eat normallly again. it didn't work. and it seemed worse than ever. i was so devastated and scared of LIS but then i thought that was it. i couldn't deal with this for the rest of my life and in december 06, i went in to book my LIS for feb 07 and that is when he told me i also had a fistula. i was very very scared. so scared that i started to have major anxiety, i got very desparate and i started to read more about macrobiotics. i did my best to eat macrobiotically with what was available to me and i followed up with him in january 07 because i couldn't deal with knowing i had a fistula and that this tunnel could get bigger and worse and after seeing the fistula operation video, i wanted to move up my operation to like jan 07 but pronto.
he checked me out again and said that there was no fistula anymore and that the fissure was fine. he advised that having the colonoscopy could probably be a good thing and well, i wanted to do it to just make sure nothing else was going on.
so in feb 07 i kept my colonoscopy and nothing was wrong with me inside.
and i have been fine ever since.
you can see under my signature, a good web site reference to macrobiotics, www.macrobiotics.co.uk. i love that site and it gives you some good basic information.
good luck.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 18 May 2007, 09:37

You mean , your fissure got healed in 1 month even it is chronic without LIS,is not it?Incredible :roll: Really incredible.I try it because I have no another option.(actually LIS is not)
I infer that with proper diet it could be healed without LIS.
.And thanks you very much , Coz you alloted your time to inform me

Postby happyass » 22 May 2007, 16:55

well i don't want to say it was all to diet wribro. it was a combination of things for me....
1. macrobiotic eating for sure
2. God's will and time to pray and be okay with suffering if it was His will
3. using squatting all the time instead of sitting on the toilet to take a crap
4. making sure my butt was clean and blow dried after every shower
5. using freshmates (charmin wipes)
6. avoid farting or forcing anything out of the butt
so it was a combination of things but i put faith in it all.
happyass
King Fissure

Postby Guest » 22 May 2007, 21:33

even in canada, they don't put you in a surgery room but just do the surgery right there in the doctors office with no sedation!!!! that i find unbelievable.

Hi Gareth - just wanted to reassure you that not all Canadians end up having surgery in their doctor's office. In fact, I suspect most go to hospitals and have general anaesthetics. I was offered that option, but would have been operated on by a general surgeon instead of a CRS. That's why I decided to go to a specialty CR clinic - didn't want no general surgeon taking a scalpel to my precious butt! The clinic I went to does all their surgeries in the office. It may sound barbaric, but was actually pretty tolerable. I could have had Demerol if I'd really wanted it, but was OK without it (besides, I wanted to be able to drive home afterwards). And the surgery literally took 3 minutes. Best 3 minutes I ever spent!
Glad to hear you're still doing well with your macrobiotics. I think of you every morning when I have my EdenSoy blend and bran buds!
Robin

Postby Guest » 22 May 2007, 21:41

wribro, just wanted to say hi and join in with my two cents' worth. Sounds like you need to get this fissure dealt with quickly before your military service starts. I just had the LIS surgery last week after suffering with my fissure for about 6 months, and I'm SO glad I did. The surgery is not as bloody or gross as it appeared on that video link. I had a tiny incision, just big enough to insert the scalpel or whatever the doctor used to cut that muscle. It's healing very nicely, and the fissure has stopped bothering me since now I don't have hours of spasms after each BM. Life is so much better now.
I was really afraid to have the surgery - afraid of another cut to my ass that would hurt and take forever to heal, afraid of the possibility of incontinence, afraid of just having any sort of invasive procedure done. Now that it's over, I see there was really nothing to worry about. If I knew months ago what I know now, I would have had the surgery back then and saved myself a lot of pain. So if LIS is a possibility for you, I'd recommend it. You will feel better, honest.
Best wishes,
Robin