AF & work....

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

AF & work....

Postby Corsi » 20 Aug 2008, 08:18

How on earth are you able to work/go to school, etc. while having an anal fissure? Doesn't working/sitting/going/driving, moving/lifting, etc. make it worse? And doesn't it hurt?
Curious George Image
Corsi
King Fissure

Topics: 18

Re: AF & work....

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 09:01

I work from home otherwise I would not be able to hold down a job. I have my computer on the bed and lie on my stomach.
When I have to get out and about and am having a lot of pain I take 800 mg of ibuprofen or tramadol.

When I drive I used a cushion that is made of foam that has a tunnel down the middle that keeps my perineum from touching anything. But basically I have had to limit my driving, sitting and my life. But I have nerve pain so it has been like this even before I got AF, but it was made worse when I got it for sure.

I know others bring a heating pad to work with them or make sure they get up a lot or do like I do, I put one foot under my butt to kind of raise it off the seat.

How do you manage?

Postby Fissulyna » 20 Aug 2008, 13:42

If I worked - I would be forced to take a disability last year when it just opened. Pain was excruciating 24/7 and I ma not exaggerating- I have fibro and BMS - both very painful conditions and each on its own would give me right to ask for disability. BUT, fissure was true torture, I felt like I am in a inquisition dungeon and that those maniacs are pushing barbed balls through my anus followed by hooks and than some more hot fire smudging - sorry for the graphics LOL, but that is how it was. Than after such painful BM I would be in spasms ALL day AND ALL night : (((. I was not able to take anything but Tylenol (paracetamol) - when I look back , I wonder how I stayed sane - or maybe I did not Image .
Anyways, now after LIS and my fissure acting up it is much , much more easier. There is a pinch during BM (just to remind me of a beautiful fact that I am not fully healed ( and I have BM 3 times a day) AND my skin tags are bothering me to no end - burn, swell, bleed occasionally. Although my pain is so much less, psychologically I still cope bad with it all - not only mine pain, but pain of all of my buddies here - I feel it all so deeply - there is not a day that I do not cry either because of me or somebody else here Image .
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby juney » 20 Aug 2008, 16:27

it sucks, that's pretty much all i can say about it. sitting at a desk for 8 hours a day makes it much worse, not to mention it's all i think about. since i've been in school this summer i haven't been sitting on my butt all day, but it still sucks trying to function normally with this awful pain in the butt. i want to retire at 26!!!!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 20 Aug 2008, 19:22

I hated working with my AF. I brought a heating pad to work with my Advil. Fortunately I lived around the corner from my job and I would go home at lunch to soak. LOL That was fun. I was lucky to have an understanding boss, he is a dr so that helped. It was a struggle everyday, but because of this forum I was able to get thru this.
Patty

Postby Corsi » 21 Aug 2008, 01:25

I don't manage, I am home now and I hate it! The nature of my work makes it difficult for me to work. Combined with my disease it is chaos....it sucks (as juney says).
Image Image Image Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby lars » 22 Aug 2008, 03:02

Going to work is hell with a fissure. I work at an office and have an 1 hour drive to get there. Driving for so long after having a BM is hell all day long after. Therefore I am forced to work from home most of the time. I am scared shitless to report in sick because I am afraid to lose my job. I only have a contract to march 09 and after that I don`t know what to do....I hope I get a regular job but I don`t know what time will bring.
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Corsi » 22 Aug 2008, 04:54

If your contract lasts till March, it has been prolonged hasn't it?
Corsica
Corsi
King Fissure

Postby lars » 22 Aug 2008, 11:31

Yes I have gotten an prolonged contract. Mine was due to expire in november so can`t complain :)
lars
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Guest » 23 Aug 2008, 06:23

I studied at the time my fissure was in full force, it wasn’t easy but I wasn’t prepared to throw all my hard work away, my work friends use to ask why I sat in such weird positions at my PC !
I lived on painkillers then to get myself through each day Image
I work for myself too but after I finished my studies i decided I needed a break from any work/stress for just now, ideally once I am fixed I would like to go and work for someone else and use my qualifications that I worked so hard for !!
I know how you feel Corsi until we are fixed , life seems to be on hold for us but this isnt forever and when we are fixed we will be extra thankful!