Another post Botox diary

Botox may 31

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Another post Botox diary

Postby Mypoorbutt » 26 Jul 2016, 13:38

Oh no Hun....that is so typical I swear the fissures know when we really could do without the pain and decide to act up.
Well done you though...like really super well done, I haven't pooped outside my own house in a year...so to do that on a plane in pain and bleeding, without bursting into tears shows courage and backbone.
You know maybe having a bit more food might be the kick start your healing needs as cutting back so much hasn't seemed to help a great deal.
Hey just a burn 2 hours after a BM isn't great I know but there are no spasms so healing can still happen.
I'm sure these five days will stop and you will start to move forward again...can Botox wear off so quickly I was told 12 weeks before it runs out, your only on 6 or 7 now right. Maybe the altitude impacted the bleeding and bloating and you haven't retorn at all. I think if you had the pain would have lasted longer.
Don't worry I have decided no one is the same with a fissure I mean I'm obviously strange as my sphincter seems to prefer the harder much more formed BM.
Keep positive even if you haven't fully healed you can have another shot of Botox and your CRS did say you were nearly there
Fingers crossed for a better day tomorrow
Mypoorbutt

Topics: 20

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 27 Jul 2016, 18:53

Hi friend. Back home and dreading any further trips. Have a couple more in august too late to cancel . Trying to squeeze out of travels in September was looking forward to a meeting in December and it's good visibility if I go but now cancelling that too.
Hopefully things will slowly limp back to semi normalcy. It's funny but what works for you does not work for me - single Bristol 4 was what I have having with the added complication of not being to obey urges to go and that really made me miserable. Hopefully in a more controlled environment I will go back to my Bristol 5 with two BM a day .
I am plain scared to eat normal quantities ( can't live up to your "brave" adjective to describe me my dear) or normal food. It's silly because I survived my LIS surgeries both times with not too much thought on every morsel entering my mouth. I am wondering if I have achieved a strange state of paranoia - normaldietophobia. I can only say that I am surrounded by ones I love who cry with me tears and make this life worth living despite setbacks . You have been an amazing support too. Recovery from 6 days of setbacks is going to be slow but thanks to you and family ( and my inner strength) I will slowly limp back again - for I am literally limping in pain for 3 hours after BM.
Life is worth living for all the good I can do and have others do unto me. Better days will come if I believe. Thanks for making me believe.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Topics: 2

Postby Mypoorbutt » 28 Jul 2016, 01:22

Glad your home now, I'm sure this will speed up your return to mostly good days. Is there no way you can cancel the trips you have planned for August?
I would hate to go twice a day and really don't like Bristol 4 BMs...my best is every other day and a Bristol 3, I think our fissures just decide that they hate what is natural for us...so we have to turn our life, head and diet upside down in an attempt to keep the fissure happy.
I know where you are right now I was so scared...like proper scared to eat anything other than certain carbs and protein for 8 months I would have rather starved literally than tried something new. I wish I could say try new things try and broaden your diet or you will become paranoid and be unable to change back....but I wouldn't have entertained trying new food it was only when being super careful want even working that well that I got to the stage of...well sod this I'm in agony anyway I'm eating vegetables...I hope you don't get to the agony but I do hope you lose some of your fear when you are more healed.
You will recover Hun and it might not be as slow as you think, the Botox is still in there to help you along. It's great your family is so supportive and you have been such a great help to me in this all to often lonely journey (my family are fed up of my butt) you will get back to good days and days where you font even think about your butt.
You are strong you have kept going when other people would have given in, you have managed to console others whilst being in pain yourself that is the true meaning of strength.
I really hope you have a good day today with two very friendly BMs
Hugs to you
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 30 Jul 2016, 12:31

It's been a slow process for the past couple days - maybe a shade better but not worse. Ate a little more today than usual and tried bits of wheat tortillas ( soft) - lentil soup and fruit of course. I will let you know how tomorrow goes. Pain is not much but now. Constant itching and annoying awareness that I hope will go away
Best to all
Thanks MPB
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 01 Aug 2016, 02:05

Glad your feeling better now Hun. Hope you are able to add a bit more food in there somewhere. I don't think my fissure itches it just kind of burns...when it's not killing me lol.
Hope you had a good weekend
Here's hoping for a fissure free week ahead
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 01 Aug 2016, 19:37

Doing stable. still not healed but pain is stable , bleeding is little. Soups, lentils and fruit help.
Thanks MPB
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 06 Aug 2016, 20:35

have tried a new kind of soup - its basically lemon in hot boiling water with cilantro leaves also boiled in it - add salt and sugar- it seems to do wonders for my BM. Still doing Vitamin c twice a day and also started vitamin A as I have been traveling a lot and I am not eating natural sources of vitamin A as much as I should. I have started replacing olive oil for coconut oil simply due to access and serendipitously it works better for me both external application and internal consumption 1 teaspoon twice a day.
I have had my Bristol 5s almost every day sometimes twice a day and that seems to help too though it irritates the area a bit.
slowly getting back to where I was before my setback more than a week ago. even started a few tortillas and seems ok.
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 07 Aug 2016, 06:44

So glad you have found something that works for you HTD.
Hopefully this is the answer you need to get you fully healed and keep your BMs a Bristol 5. It may also help you to be able to add more food into your diet especially if you are going twice a day.
Glad your back to where you were before the set back, I'm sure now your getting consistent BMs you will continue to improve
Mypoorbutt

Postby Healingthroughdiet » 08 Aug 2016, 12:47

Thanks Much MPB. Yes this time travel wasn't too bad - I had to plan down to a T but the trip was seamless - I just returned from it and have another trip coming this week end. Busy month for me. overall feels like progress as this trip was much better than the last flight. I have not regressed . I have been eating more things slowly, tried tortillas and now tried a little potatoes and gravy , rice and yogurt. Seems ok
thanks for checking in on me

HTD
Healingthroughdiet
VIP

Postby Mypoorbutt » 08 Aug 2016, 15:20

Am so glad your trip went well, so much better than last time that really is great progress. Even better your managing to eat a bit more as I'm sure your body needed more variety.
Your my Botox buddy I have to check in you help me so much, I'm so pleased you finally seem to be getting to the point were you are almost healed and can carry on with a normal life
Take care
Mypoorbutt