Anyone healed by creams?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Anyone healed by creams?

Postby Jen » 01 Apr 2008, 15:34

I am with y'all! I will keep a high fiber diet all my life with or without surgery - I am never going to let this happen again if I can control it!!
I just used my fist dose of nitro this morning and whoa! It may be too soon to tell, but I think it works better than the nifedipine. I got a headache that lasted 5 minutes - nothing I could not handle. It keeps my bum very relaxed...if my bum would feel this relaxed after LIS, then sign me up! Image
How many times a day do you put on your nitro? What is the strength (2%)? This is my issue - I poop first thing in the AM every morning. I am very consistantly regular. Five minutes after I get up, I have the urge to go. So when do I put it on? Before or after my BM? If I do it before, most of it will come out with the BM or with wipping. If I do it after my BM, that my sphincter will not be as relaxed...WWYD?
Fiss - Thanks for the advise! That is the only thing that keeps me from surgery - I am not in constant pain like others on this board. I don't want to be little my situation, there is not such thing as a pain free fissure, but mine stays 90% healed most the time. I have issues with it reopening. I told the doctor about me not having spasms and that is why he thinks my hemmies are causeing the fissures. I fell tension down there - obiously - who would'nt after a year of butt pain - but not distinct "spasms".
Jen
King Fissure

Topics: 39

Postby Guest » 01 Apr 2008, 16:53

Hey Tabby, Yea, that may be the case , and my gastro doc implied the same thing . He said that once you heal a fissure - you're pretty much committed to keeping a program with fiber and soft stools the rest of your life...............
That's fine with me if it keeps from reoccuring.
How is your rear end doing lately ? Feeling better ?

Yes same here, also taking care of IBS at all times too i shouldnt forget that :) I love your username by the way !!! ....Things are good ...ekkk TOUCHWOOD ...Thanks for asking but i am cautious when i say that Image
How long have you been battling for Sorerumpie...

Postby Sorerumpie » 01 Apr 2008, 17:04

Tabby ,
I've had THIS fissure a little over four months now.........
Suggestion -Take a nice sitz bath after each bowel movement and clean the area very carefully and thoroughly then apply the Nitro cream . Let it work for at least five minutes then coat it with an ointment to protect it. I usually have a couple of BM's per day and don't need the sitz bath other than that. But I make Nitro applications about 3-4 times each day.
Man do I have a headache right now ................. Whewwwww
Sorerumpie
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 06:32

Aha....I take it this isnt the first time for you either !
Sorry about the headache, but i suppose it is a small price to pay!
At the moment i have a sensitivity and cannnot use any creams :roll:
I am using the anoheal only once per day as things have been good...TOUCHWOOD Image
I do pretty much what you suggestted, the showerhead is my freind:)
I think using hc anusol for the last year hasnt hepled matters!!!
ATTENTION.....PLEASE DO NOT USE THIS CREAM/SUPPOSITORIES FOR MORE THAN 7 DAYS ...IT DOES THIN THE SKIN !!!
My mission is to keep the area as dry as possible for now Image
I so wish i had a magic wand to make everyone feel better :D

Postby Guest » 02 Apr 2008, 07:14

Hi Tabby
You were asking, "Hi Brett , Can i ask ? Polyps was this a polyp due to the fissure?"
No. Not from the fissure. The surgeon told me they are basically a growth on the mucous membrane - the mucous membrane is a mucous-secreting lining of body cavities. Can happen to anyone. You don't have to have a fissure to get them. My were close to where the BM (bowel movement) comes out, so the polyps were being scraped during every BM, causing pain & blood. The surgeon removed them & the external/internal haemmorhoids first before getting to the fissure.
Hope things are improving for you. Hang in there.

Postby Guest » 03 Apr 2008, 05:26

Hi Brett
Kind thanks for your reply:)
Ok i am with you now, i have researched the polyps you have mentioned before, i believe these are different to my fibrous one !
I see my doctor next week and will ask some more about my polyp , i dont have any symptoms...I THINK
i dont know if it is possible but ! i worry it may grow... BIG !
Does anyone else have this ??
Many thanks again Brett , i wish you a fast speedy recovery :)