Back from "Surgery"

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Back from "Surgery"

Postby Guest » 15 Oct 2007, 15:38

Just remember Juney...we (you and I) are in the same place (mentally) right now. So lets stick it out together!

Postby juney » 15 Oct 2007, 21:12

thanks for the encouragement chris! it totally helps having fellow fissure sufferers to share stories with.
i just want us ALL to heal ASAP! we know all the tricks, it's gotta work eventually.
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2007, 10:24

Just a quick update....
The first BM I didn't have any bleeding, but every day after that I did, however only light bleeding. The CRS said the bleeding would be normal. He has me using a new version of Analpram with is just a topical anti -inflammatory and lidocane. It doesn't seem to help much and really irritates my area. I see him this week and I'm going to ask him to place me back on Nifedipine .2% as I seem to have done my best healing then.
I'm also hoping that he'll explain to me the progress I should make with the cauterizing.

Postby Guest » 22 Oct 2007, 10:57

Yeah, I'd stay off the Analpram. Its a hydrocortisone which with prolonged use tends to thin the skin/membrane. My first CRS had me on it and frankly I think it caused more harm than good.
I'm glad your going back to see your CRS and asking to be put back on Nifedipine. Let us know how it goes.
Good Luck!

Postby Deleted User 5 » 22 Oct 2007, 11:23

Yes, Chris, I bled some for months after my surgery, though it got gradually better and better.
It seems to have stopped permanently for me, now, but it has almost been a year. I hope my fissure is gone for good.
Stick with it, you are getting there, too!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2007, 07:10

And you came out of the shadows and posted your picture! Image
Looks like you've got a good friend there too!
:snn:

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2007, 09:33

His name is Irish. Unfortunately he's almost 12 now and he's starting to fall apart. I had him for 10 years, but when I moved to Chicago 2 years ago, my parents were kind enough to take him. I brought him to Chicago, but he had an issue with staying at home by himself for more than 8 hours. My parents love him and refer to him as the "grandpuppy"

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Oct 2007, 10:13

My dog is almost 14 and is also "falling apart!" It's rough, really, to see your baby go downhill.
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 23 Oct 2007, 12:20

Tell me about it. My parents have had him only 2 years and my Dad is already telling the Vet they better have enough medicine for him and Irish when the "time" comes. My Dad takes him up to the local convenience store every morning for a sticky bun.
I try to focus on the fact that I was able to spend alot of time with him before I moved to Chicago (I telecommunted from home in my old position) and that he was WELL loved and taken care of right up to the end.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 23 Oct 2007, 12:42

I do the same, Chris. I know my dog has had a good, long life and has had an easy time of it. She's gotten lots of love, too. I really don't think I'll take it too hard knowing that. But then, she's been a companion for a decade and a half, so losing her will probably be harder than I realize.
Hey,I want to telecommute!
Deleted User 5